Wozencraft Hoping to Make Eastern Inroads with Go-Fast Boat Insurance

Notices

Wozencraft Hoping to Make Eastern Inroads with Go-Fast Boat Insurance

Old 02-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts
Default Wozencraft Hoping to Make Eastern Inroads with Go-Fast Boat Insurance

Insurance does not make for the sexiest news, but it's always a worthy subject, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...insurance.html

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 02-20-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

He is a great guy, and very well versed in the industry. I'm sure he will bring some new ideas to the east coast guys.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

If you can get them insured then why can't you get them financed? Am I missing something- I would think if you can get insurance then someone would give you a loan at the right terms...?
Old 02-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would be great, the $20,000 a year premiums are getting old
Old 02-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
If you can get them insured then why can't you get them financed? Am I missing something- I would think if you can get insurance then someone would give you a loan at the right terms...?
Loss ratio's, insurance fraud, under insured, there a lot of reasons banks are still exposed.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Loss ratio's, insurance fraud, under insured, there a lot of reasons banks are still exposed.
Exactly. If a go-fast boat that gets repossessed by the lender, the insurance company simply stops receiving premiums from the former owner. But if the bank has to take back a go-fast boat from a borrower in default, and that's happened a lot in the past five years, the bank is almost surely upside down on the loan and, to make matters worse, the collateral might well be stripped of it engines and drives—making it even less valuable.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Exactly. If a go-fast boat that gets repossessed by the lender, the insurance company simply stops receiving premiums from the former owner. But if the bank has to take back a go-fast boat from a borrower in default, and that's happened a lot in the past five years, the bank is almost surely upside down on the loan and, to make matters worse, the collateral might well be stripped of it engines and drives—making it even less valuable.
That's the one reason I thought, but obviously it's a big one.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Could someone educate me ?
With so few insurance companies writing policies for offshore powerboats wouldn't all brokers be aware of who writes policies ? How does one broker capture a segment of insurers ?
If insurance company "A" writes catamaran policies why wouldn't every broker out there know this ?

Also

As the price of insurance goes up does the brokers fees make a difference from one broker to another ?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Registered

There is a boat broker in lake Havasu, Rick, of Maxedoutmarine who said he has a credit union that does not ask how much HP. All they care about is your credit rating. His cell is 561 310-1719. He tells me he can get anyone with good credit a boat loan.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Devin is a great guy...I'm insured with him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.