Notices

Bad day at Daytona

Old 02-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
the problem with safety gear is that you can only design it for what you think can happen. until something worse than invisioned you cant prepare for it. I think NASCAR and other groups have done a good job of trying to stay ahead of it. this was without a doubt one of the worst ever and I am sure that they will learn and make changes. this wreck happened at the crossover gate and I think that was part of the failure. they have already implied that changes at the gates will need to be made.
agreed, imagine how worse it could have been if not for the advancements we've made over the past twenty plus years. I am amazed at some of the subtle changes that have saves numerous lives. Pea gravel on road courses and even something as simple as eliminating the apron inside the turns at Indy. Lots has been done and they are always working harder to be better and safer next time out.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 02-26-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Move the finish line away from the stands. Finish the race on the back straight or third turn on the super speedways.
ed