Notices

Payton, and the Boat show

Old 07-21-2002, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Payton, and the Boat show

Mark,
Tell me, did I miss a lot of good times yesterday by not being able to go to the air show? You know how it is "make hay while the sun shines" At least, I finally got to meet you and your wife. (my regards to her)There is still a lot of time for getting together and I hope we have the chance!
What are your plans for today? I'm thinking about trying to limp out to the lake today, My parts are not due in until monday but the boat is just having trouble in the idle areas, once I get on the lake every thing is fine as long as I keep moving!!
I dont know, I look outside and it really looks like rain..But the weather man doesn't say rain and we know he always right!!
eliminator219
Old 07-21-2002, 10:09 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Les, It was great to finally meet you too.
I think we are going out this afternoon. We are getting just a little rain right now. The forecast is for 12 mph winds out of the South and gust too 30! We should be fine along shore. Also 95-100 degrees. We need to be on the water just to cool off!

Hey if you go out a few miles and head back south, you could really pack some air under that Daytona!!
Old 07-21-2002, 10:19 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot to mention anything about the air show.
It was great! lots of cool planes and lots of cool boats floating around. Things didn't happen quite as fast as they do at the Chicago air show but everything was there.

We met MrCig (Mark) and his wife Patty w/ their very nice classic Top Gun. We only got to talk to them for a few minute though, we had to back into the Portage marina to pickup my in_laws for a ride.

We never did get to meet Tonto, We hope to soon.

Maybe we'll see you out the , Les
Old 07-21-2002, 10:35 AM
Registered

Default Meeting other members

Mark glad to hear tha you had a great time, My equiptment was running from one mill to another so I more or less had to be on tap. I did notice that you came under the Bridge on rt 12 around 4, was afraid that something might have been wrong, seen you were under power and everything looking great as usual.. Fine looking boat!!
I really look forward to the day when our boat is running right then my wife and I can get out and meet some of the oso members and their families..
Today,If I can keep running until I get out on the lake without running into someone, may just do that against the wind thing just to cool off. Im sure you will hear me when I'm on it!
See you later,Maybe!
eliminator219
Old 07-21-2002, 10:50 AM
Registered

We plan to be heading for the air show in a little while. I believe Obnoxus and Boat Nut 1 are heading for boater’s beach. We might head over to Michigan City afterwards for a late lunch. Do you know if we can tie up were the Poker Run did last week?
See you guys out there.
Dan
Old 07-21-2002, 11:01 AM
Registered

Default Chow Time

Candyman35
Dont know about the tie downs on the wall but if you would continue on down the river toward the Gambling Ship you will come to a eating place on the 7th street bridge that has docks for you to tie up at.. and has a deck overlooking the river..
eliminator219
Old 07-21-2002, 11:07 AM
Registered

Les,
We ate there a couple of weeks ago and liked it. Only bad side is they don't have air. I thought there was a restaurant by the wall that was sort of nice?
Dan