Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where to go in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami... >

Where to go in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami...

Notices

Where to go in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami...

Old 02-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are 2 Montys Restaurants one is at South Beach right next to Government Cut the other is a Coconut Grove.

Theres also a place on Key Biscayne at "No Name Harbor" the Restaurant is "Boaters Grill" you can anchor there and stay the night. "If you have Gen and AC" LOL
Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bwd
Hey Sommer, You got the right idea dropping in, at Pompano. You get a nice run south to Fort L. Pull in at Port Everglades turn right and your at the 17th st bridge which is where the Marriot and Hyatt 66 is. AS well as the canal with the Southport raw bar and the 15st Fisheries is. If you putt up a little further the New River is towards the left where the Riverwalk, Las Olas is and Shirtale Charlies is a little further up the river. If you bear right instead of the New River you head toward the the eastern end of Las Olas and the Muni marina and the back side of the beach. Get a slip for the night somewhere. Get your bearings during the day, then take the boat out at night for dinner somewhere. As a northerner myself I love taking the time by water to enjoy the sights( Mansions, boats, girls.) not necessarily in that order. Then buzz back to Pompano the next day. Check out the Port Everglades web cam site. They have a cool satalite shot of the area. I hope we see pics. B
Shirttail charlies is now closed, it is now Pirate republic, http://piraterepublicbar.com/, but I have not been there yet. I dont get to the river much, but I agree it is a cool place for out of towners, especially at night. Another place is Dowtowner saloon, right across from riverfront. http://downtownersaloon.com/
Old 02-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks again guys! I'm writing all this stuff down and will definately use it to form a plan. When I come up with what we're gonna do, I'll post up and see if anybody wants to meet up.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Thanks again guys! I'm writing all this stuff down and will definately use it to form a plan. When I come up with what we're gonna do, I'll post up and see if anybody wants to meet up.
Sounds good, Hope we are not confusing you, there is SOOOOO much to see down here. BTW, the river we posted about above is ALL idle zone, but a nice cruise with some nice sights, and not far from Port E'glades, 15th. st fisheries, and southport.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually just flew in to Lauderdale and I am staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 tonight and Friday. Anyone going to be headed to the 15th Street Fisheries? We are going to head there tonight and tomorrow. Sounds like the place to be based on prior posts.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I were there tonight. Saw a Nor-Tech and a Regulator at the docks. Got there late. The guys pretty much covered all the good spots to go in Lauderdale and Miami. Have fun and enjoy our warm weather. At least to someone from PA its warm. The natives are freezing. lol