Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone going to the St. Joseph VENETIAN FESTIVAL July 19,20,21 ??? >

Anyone going to the St. Joseph VENETIAN FESTIVAL July 19,20,21 ???

Notices

Anyone going to the St. Joseph VENETIAN FESTIVAL July 19,20,21 ???

Old 07-15-2002, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Anyone going to the St. Joseph VENETIAN FESTIVAL July 19,20,21 ???

It's an awesome time with fireworks, music, food booths, tons of boats, carnival rides, sandy beaches and top name entertainment. I think the Beach Boys are going to be there this year. If you need to get a boat slip you can call Island Pointe Marina at 616-982-9224 and reserve a slip. It's a brand new marina with about 160 30'-40' slips with shore power. They also have a new office and bathhouse with showers, laundry room. new outdoor pool and hot tub. They want to get the word out about their new marina so a 30' slip is ONLY $15 per night, 35' slip is $17.50 per night and a 40' slip is $20 per night----CHEAP! They're located right next door to Pier 33 Marina. There are also about 5 gas docks within the St. Joseph harbor. Pier 33 has 93 Octane available. There are a couple of decent boat launching ramps that will launch up to 41' . It's a good time. Lots of offshore boats too!

Last edited by KAAMA; 07-15-2002 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:24 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish!!!!!damn motors anyway!!!!!
Old 07-15-2002, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beach Boys on Sat 7/20 and you need a passport pin to see em

Be prepared for masses of people, whether on land or in the lake. A train goes through the middle of the festival - Amtrak or other - and its hilarious watching elbow to elbow drunks trying to move out of the way. Takes forever for it to get through.

Pier 33 like all marinas has expensive gas prices but I swear they jacked them even higher for venetian. Quite a few crusiers from across the lake - Chicago - make the channel rougher than a hottub. Witnessed a few races farther into the lake last year and its not a bad spectacle.

Unfortunately the festival closes at 11:30 this year for 'safety concerns' and but Roxys in the middle of the party keeps it going till later. If you need a water-accessible late night spot Barneys Boathouse doesn't make you wait in line forever and the people there seem to have a better time.

Venetian is kinda like spring break in the summer - in Michigan. Lots people, lotsa food, big boats and a pretty good time.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Registered

to the top
Old 07-15-2002, 02:52 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

The most important part is you are going to have your boat finished, and have it there, right. It's your turn for a boat ride. I want to see what it's like to be on a fast boat. We might have to leave Betty back at the dock. After we dropped you off and went back out the wind picked up an the water was pretty choppy but I enjoyed it. Catch you later. Doug
Old 07-15-2002, 06:29 PM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

KAAMA,
Depending on the weather, I should be launching around noon on Fri. Then checking out the marina and heading out to the lake.Are you going to have the Thunder ready to get wet????Hope it all comes together for ya.
Doug,
Was fun running with ya from Grand Mere to St. Joe,that is one beautiful looking and sweet sounding Cig. Was planning on running all the way to the pier heads with you,but the wife started pounding on my back when all the towels statrted flying out.
Steve
Old 07-15-2002, 07:56 PM
Registered

Well...............it's going to be REAL close guys!
Engines are 95% done
extension boxes are on w/gimble assemblies
K-plain mounts are mounted
transom mounted water pick-up is on
motor mounts have been fitted, cut, and installed
Will have new gimble bearings tomorrow

Still have to:
mount bilge pumps
mount sea strainers
mount new KE coalesant fuel/water seperators
mount trim pumps
mount hatch actuator
mount oil coolers
mount ignition boxes
install/hook-up engines
mount external steering rams

Most of that stuff I don't really see taking long because it has all been pre-fitted. But you just never know----still, it will be vewy vewy close-----and I will be VEWY disappointed if my boat isn't ready for Venetian. Keep your fingers crossed! GULP!
Old 07-15-2002, 09:14 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KAAMA, We might actually see you there. I hope you get your boat together. We head up there on Saturday morning. Thanks for the info about the new marina.

Mark
Old 07-15-2002, 09:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Mark,
You know where we'll be If you don't have your boat done, we'll be around to give you another ride After a certain amount, though, we'll have to put a taxi meter on the helm so we can charge ya. LOL! Just jokin'. I'm off Wed-Fri to have the boat in. We're having some professional pics taken of the boat Thursday night, so I hope those turn out. She's hoping for flat water for nice shots with the lighthouse in the background, and I'm hoping for 5'ers for 10' of air under the boat off a launch. LOL!

Anywho, if you don't have the 'glas wet by then, we can take ya out for a run or something (we're not going out for fireworks though)

Mark
Old 07-15-2002, 09:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Oh, Mark, if you do go over there, let me know about the water levels. I thought I heard they may be a little low there (3' ish, but can't believe that with 50' slips). I'm not sure though if I'm thinking of the same spot they were when they said something. We thought about buying a 40' slip, cause they had the 50 extra slips. I want to go check, but we're always headed out the other way and I forget go check. Stupid memory

Quick Reply: Anyone going to the St. Joseph VENETIAN FESTIVAL July 19,20,21 ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.