Notices

42' vs toyota

Old 03-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
When I see a Toyota truck that pulls as often as my F250 with 380,000 miles and still be reliable, drive, and look as good as mine we will talk... I just cannot see a 1/2 Toyota doing what my truck does and last that long, the other things in my truck are very beefy parts that last... springs, rear end, tie rods all that kind of stuff... I see MANY Super Duty Fords with 200++ thousand miles all the time.... don;t think I ever saw a Toyota truck with them miles or more..I am sure there may be a few... but I never seen one
A couple of more observations here. First, everybody hurling grenades at the Tundra for being a ½ ton truck seem to be driving ¾ or 1 ton trucks. If memory serves me correctly, Toyota markets the Tundra as a ½ ton pickup and nothing more. So you’re not comparing apples to apples when you say your 1 ton GM, Ford or Dodge will pull more. BTW, I have it on good advice that Toyota will be coming out with something heavier duty soon.

Second, the same folks with grenades seem to be lifetime drivers of whatever brand they’re backing. Until you’ve owned a different brand and put it to the test of miles of towing, hurling insults is kind of pointless. And the number of Toyota vehicles out there with well over 100,000 miles on them might surprise you. Just ask the guys from Top Gear (UK) what happened when they tried to kill a high mileage Toyota Hilux (Tacoma here).
Old 03-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
Trust me, I HATE the serviceability on all new cars. But doesn't Ford make you just take the cab off haha?

I work in product development, but not actually engineering. I curse our engineers every time I have to work on something haha! It's not easy to cram as much stuff in these days.
You can work on.... And even pull engine on a ford without pulling cab..
Old 03-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
A couple of more observations here. First, everybody hurling grenades at the Tundra for being a ½ ton truck seem to be driving ¾ or 1 ton trucks. If memory serves me correctly, Toyota markets the Tundra as a ½ ton pickup and nothing more. So you’re not comparing apples to apples when you say your 1 ton GM, Ford or Dodge will pull more. BTW, I have it on good advice that Toyota will be coming out with something heavier duty soon.

Second, the same folks with grenades seem to be lifetime drivers of whatever brand they’re backing. Until you’ve owned a different brand and put it to the test of miles of towing, hurling insults is kind of pointless. And the number of Toyota vehicles out there with well over 100,000 miles on them might surprise you. Just ask the guys from Top Gear (UK) what happened when they tried to kill a high mileage Toyota Hilux (Tacoma here).
Should not be towing 12,000 + with half ton trucks... That's the point
Old 03-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked

Well said! With all these "facts" the biased big three lovers are trying to push, let me ask a question.....why do the big 3 continue to LOSE market share?

Don't tell me it is marketing, because the big 3 advertise more than anyone. And it's not price, cause Honda, Toyota, and the euros are all more expsensive, he'll even Hyundai is now more expensive. The big three have a higher list to cost ratio, and offer large rebates and still get outsold. The American public has turned to quality and value. If it wasn't for program cars and rentals the big 3 car numbers would be HALF what they are.

Any one that doesn't think a toyo or a Honda wil outlast an American counter part on all fronts simply has never owned one, or talked to people that work on them.

Bottom like, they all last, they prob will all reach 300k miles. But your repair bill on the path to 300 will always be higher higher with the big three, its a fact.

Stop in an autozone and ask them what they sell more parts for out of the top selling 4 cars, Camry, accord, Taurus, impala.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Well said! With all these "facts" the biased big three lovers are trying to push, let me ask a question.....why do the big 3 continue to LOSE market share?

Don't tell me it is marketing, because the big 3 advertise more than anyone. And it's not price, cause Honda, Toyota, and the euros are all more expsensive, he'll even Hyundai is now more expensive. The big three have a higher list to cost ratio, and offer large rebates and still get outsold. The American public has turned to quality and value. If it wasn't for program cars and rentals the big 3 car numbers would be HALF what they are.

Any one that doesn't think a toyo or a Honda wil outlast an American counter part on all fronts simply has never owned one, or talked to people that work on them.

Bottom like, they all last, they prob will all reach 300k miles. But your repair bill on the path to 300 will always be higher higher with the big three, its a fact.

Stop in an autozone and ask them what they sell more parts for out of the top selling 4 cars, Camry, accord, Taurus, impala.
Hey can you tell me what's in your nicest most prideful toy you own I'm guessing its your boat (nice one I must say) ya you guessed it a Chevy!!! Guys like you make the world fun and gives a lot of us on here someone to laugh at!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Ya and fly on a Boeing plane and then an Airbus, it's like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Volkswagen!!! The Airbus is a piece of dog crap!!!
Not for nothing, VW owns Rolls....and Audi...and Lambo
Old 03-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus

Seriously, you have no clue. Your "facts" lack any, what is the word for it, facts!

But I guess we can all quickly eliminate the advice of someone advocating pulling way over their trucks legal limit because it has "big brakes".

The 45% of the market buying just 3 brands are all dumbasses, you are so smart.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
You can work on.... And even pull engine on a ford without pulling cab..
Of the new superduties?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MIskier
Thanks! It's easy to find jobs as a Nav Arch or Mechanical Engineer all day long in the offshore and commercial industry where starting salaries for new grads run from 60-80k, the small recreational boat market on the other hand is pretty difficult to find something in that range.

What sort of PD&E do you do for GM?
I'm in advanced purchasing. Not quite yet to my dream job......but it's better than finance where I started (at Ford).
Old 03-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Not for nothing, VW owns Rolls....and Audi...and Lambo
VW owns Bentley, Rolls is owned by BMW. Small correction there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.