Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
Cool One Team One Goal

Old 03-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Mexican Hemi

Just had to add my Dodge is 74% made in the USA !! Daimler/ Chrysler assembled in Fenton , Missouri . Must be a Wednesday built Hemi cause it's been good to me .
Old 03-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Are you sure? Better check
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram
Yes I am. Specifically Missouri. Mine's old anyway. Not like some of you "ballers" that buy a new car/truck every year. My house is paid for though!

You sure seem on the defensive. It's OK man, it's only the internet.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought a brand new 2004 Ram 1500 2wd Hemi. I put 166k on it. I never did anything but tires, brake pads, and oil. I never changed tranny fluid, spark plugs, NOTHING. That was the best vehicle I have ever owned. Flawless. I now drive a 2004 F350. I bought it with 100k on it, it now has 200k on it. Replaced one injector. Truck is perfect (even with the dreaded 6.0).
Old 03-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Say what you will, I am 39 years old and I will list all the vehicles I have owned since day one

Chevy Chevette
1969 GTO
1988 S-10 4x4 Baja
1989 Ford Mustang GT convt
1990 Chevy 1/2 ton
1989 IROC Z
1990 Toyota Corrolla (winter)
1992 Chevy Berretta Z26
1996 Trans AM WS6
1996 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo, valve lash adjusters only, covered
1997 Geo prisim (winter), fell apart, delco parts only!
1998 S-10 Blazer LT, bought back by GM under lemon law
1999 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 not one repair
2000 Sebring, blow motor at 41k, no warranty!
2001 Dodge Durango V8, junk!
2002 Ram 1500, owned 6 months...garbage!
2002 GMC Sierra 2500 crew loaded Duramax
2004 Subaru Legacy GT (winter) brakes only
2006 Ford F350 SRW Harley 6.0l
2007 GMC Yukon Denali (wife)
2005 Mercedes AMG Convt not one repair
2005 BMW 330xi not one repair!
2008 Lincoln SUV Wife brakes only

Current Toyota Tundra not one repair

Highlights

Almost all of these cars and trucks listed were purchased new

1990 Toyo winter rat was when I started thinking, hey...this thing doesn't break. Brakes at 180k miles, tune up at 220k, Nothing else!

1996 trans am ws6 was my first GM lemon, that car broke everything

1996 dodge stealth RT twin turbo was amazing quality, I was so happy to find such a great American car only to find out it was not American

1997 Geo prisim, needed to upgrade the 1990 toyo winter rat, so with with a Geo cause I thought it was the same car as the corolla but was 4k cheaper sticker. At 40k miles everything GM on the car was shot, brakes twice, shocks and struts gone, radio stopped working, traded off, terrible, lesson learned

1998 S-10 blazer, purchased for everyday use and winter, do I really have to tell you the problems here? That truck needed everything, so much my dealer turned me on to GM buying it back, and they got it done.

2000, Sebring, 2001 Durango, 2002 Ram, turned to dodge after some bad luck with GM, found worse than GM! The sebring threw a rod 4 k miles out of warranty and dodge said FU. The Durango lost a transmission at 50k, then a front diff at 55k, and rusted quickly, the 2002 Ram I had for 6 months, rusted at seams after one winter. Drove my friends new duramx and had to have one, Got out of Dodge!

2002 Duramax, crew, leather, everything. Let me just say I loved this truck, loved it! Until, first injector dropped at 18k, then 22k, then 28k, they 34k, then 36k then 40k dealer told me it needed all new injectors cause I must have got bad fuel, $8000 job! Called insurance company, they went down and sampled fuel and found nothing wrong, insurance guy told me they are know for injector problems and people are getting ready to sue. A truck with a $48k sticker I was told to pound salt. I purchased bully dog injectors, and fuel filter system. In 2005 the class action law suit was won by the people and I was sent a letter stating my repairs would be reimbursed and 200k warranty, they declined money because I did not repair at GM dealer and voided my warranty because I put aftermarket injectors in it. I sent them a cop of the sales agreement on my new FORD. Also replaced a lot of other parts on my GM, rear caliper problems severe, u joints, BCM, TCM, security system twice, heated seats, all four window regulators.

Ford 6.0, I think we have covered that

The Denali was also disappointing to say the least, big expensive fixes too

The Lincoln is holding up great! Wife wants a new Navigator or Cayenne next

My ownership experience, coupled with the fact that I have worked in industry that supports auto repair gives me more than enough experience to make my own decisions. You simple minded uaw guys can tell yourselves whatever you need to hear to make you feel better about the substandard product that you have put out, if marketing and brainwashing is what is going around the break room at your plant that go with it if you sleep better at night. Bottom line, you lost a customer.
Sounds like to me you cant drive and you just about brake
everything..

I bought a 92 gmc suburban 2500 with a big block in 1994,,still have it 467,000 and can still pull a house down...only issues is front brakes every 30k and 1 trans...oe everything else and the engine has not been touched...
Old 03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
WTF you trying to start a gang bang here???? ok me first you last
Old 03-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered

Default fixx

After all that you ride a jap bike, drive a Mexican dodge? Is your cts the later American built or the one made in Europe by Opel? Do you even know?

Wtf
me too and i ride a jep (yamaha) snowmobile and a harley bagger..me too dont give a phuck!..
Old 03-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure? Better check
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram

Maybe assembled, but Dodge moved more jobs out of the country than any of the other big 3, mainly Mexico. GM moved tons of jobs to Canada, but not as many as Dodge.....but those don't count cause the profits are coming back here and doing what? I have listed all the global companies building factories here, and guess what?

If you read the wall street journal you will see that more global car manufactures likes Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Kia, and others plan to build more factories HERE! http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...490039626.html

So explain to me again what is an American car? I forget.
Capt Toyota troll, have you read any of the links I provided? Seems you blew past them while posting more of your anecdotal BS about 15 year old cars like it is gospel on 2013 model year. You have no clue of actual economic impact, you have no clue on reliability, real or perceived for 2013, or really on anything from what I can tell.

If you like your tinny foreign truck and it treats you right, great, buy it and like it. Quit wrapping yourself in the American flag doing it with your outdated and false BS about foreign companies being so great for the US. Again, Toyota employs less than 1/3 of the Americans than GM to sell similar volume, how is that possible since they are "most American" according to you? Why did the tsunami shut down Toyota IN THE US if they are so American, note the Big 3 didn't lose a day of production. How many plants does Toyota have in the US, GM has 17. Please keep cherry picking the few models that are built in Canada or Mexico and acting like it is the normal. GM/Ford/Chrysler have invested more since 2008 and added more jobs than anyone, but you point out some little tiny additions by foreign companies. Why don't you link to the new Honda plant in Mexico, the new Audi/VW plants in Mx? If it weren't for the big 3, nobody would be building in the US. The transplants know that they come here, employ 3k people in a plant and fools like you will believe how American they are.

You know why you keep up this crap, because you are rationalizing buying foreign. You know it is short sighted, does not help the US, so you keep grasping for straws to feel ok about it. People who buy a Toyota and just say "I like it for the money" aren't the same as what you are doing. That's honest and you can't find fault with that.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rlj676
Capt Toyota troll, have you read any of the links I provided? Seems you blew past them while posting more of your anecdotal BS about 15 year old cars like it is gospel on 2013 model year. You have no clue of actual economic impact, you have no clue on reliability, real or perceived for 2013, or really on anything from what I can tell.

If you like your tinny foreign truck and it treats you right, great, buy it and like it. Quit wrapping yourself in the American flag doing it with your outdated and false BS about foreign companies being so great for the US. Again, Toyota employs less than 1/3 of the Americans than GM to sell similar volume, how is that possible since they are "most American" according to you? Why did the tsunami shut down Toyota IN THE US if they are so American, note the Big 3 didn't lose a day of production. How many plants does Toyota have in the US, GM has 17. Please keep cherry picking the few models that are built in Canada or Mexico and acting like it is the normal. GM/Ford/Chrysler have invested more since 2008 and added more jobs than anyone, but you point out some little tiny additions by foreign companies. Why don't you link to the new Honda plant in Mexico, the new Audi/VW plants in Mx? If it weren't for the big 3, nobody would be building in the US. The transplants know that they come here, employ 3k people in a plant and fools like you will believe how American they are.

You know why you keep up this crap, because you are rationalizing buying foreign. You know it is short sighted, does not help the US, so you keep grasping for straws to feel ok about it. People who buy a Toyota and just say "I like it for the money" aren't the same as what you are doing. That's honest and you can't find fault with that.
I fear your words go unheard ....
Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I want a Yugo.... cannot find one... lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.