Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Old Powerboat Magazines (1971-1988) and more (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/293056-old-powerboat-magazines-1971-1988-more.html)

Smarty 03-15-2013 05:46 PM

Old Powerboat Magazines (1971-1988) and more

My late father kept all his old Powerboat Magazine(s). trying to get rid of some clutter, plus Corvette News magazine(s) from August 1971 -1976.

The Powerboats Magazines and Corvette News are in good shape.

Stephen
[email protected]
856-449-0939

Make offer, have a buyer very intertested...

BUP 03-16-2013 07:33 PM

I am interested, as of late we started to hand them out to the local kids that are in the hospitals and in the waiting rooms. I like the idea of keep boating alive and hopefully future kids get well plus get into boating especially powerboating in their future. For Christmas we handed out over 500 boat, motorcycle & hotrod magazines to the local hospitals. Also anyone else that has boating magazines let me know. thanks John

Smarty 03-16-2013 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by BUP (Post 3886870)
I am interested, as of late we started to hand them out to the local kids that are in the hospitals and in the waiting rooms. I like the idea of keep boating alive and hopefully future kids get well plus get into boating especially powerboating in their future. For Christmas we handed out over 500 boat, motorcycle & hotrod magazines to the local hospitals. Also anyone else that has boating magazines let me know. thanks John

Make an offer, I will oblige.

BUP 03-17-2013 02:02 PM

Stephen thank you for the offer and time. I would think that you would want at least your shipping costs covered. I have no idea how much any of that would be.

A rough guess would be 25 - 30 bucks. I am collecting magazines again to pass out but it is hard to get large volumes donated or bought at a cheaply price to make it worth my time plus not a huge expense.

I look at it as they were printed to be look at & read forever so I try to make a difference and donate them instead of getting thown in the trash.

BUP 03-17-2013 02:05 PM

Forgot I think you can send these media mail for a cheaper cost on your end.

Lens mag marine 03-17-2013 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 3886386)
My late father kept all his old Powerboat Magazine(s). trying to get rid of some clutter, plus Corvette News magazine(s) from August 1971 -1976.

The Powerboats Magazines and Corvette News are in good shape.

Stephen
[email protected]
856-449-0939

Make offer, have a buyer very intertested...

I've got the jacket you used to get when you signed up for the year
Brand new never worn and been in my closet for years and years

Smarty 03-17-2013 04:56 PM

Just found years 1997 through 2005, in perfect condition, in my mother's house, in chronological order.

Smarty 03-17-2013 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by BUP (Post 3887188)
Stephen thank you for the offer and time. I would think that you would want at least your shipping costs covered. I have no idea how much any of that would be.

A rough guess would be 25 - 30 bucks. I am collecting magazines again to pass out but it is hard to get large volumes donated or bought at a cheaply price to make it worth my time plus not a huge expense.

I look at it as they were printed to be look at & read forever so I try to make a difference and donate them instead of getting thown in the trash.

The magazines will not be thrown away. Either they will be sold or they will be kept, or I will let my nieces and nephews (my brothers has four children of school age) have an E-Bay project and learn how to market and sell used items.

Stephen

Smarty 03-17-2013 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by BUP (Post 3886870)

If the 1997-2005 magazines do not sell, I will help your charity. It is a good thing you are doing, I do commend you for your help to the hospitalized children.

LubeJobs42 03-17-2013 06:02 PM

Roughly how many old powerboats are there? I'm interested an will make a good offer!