Notices

Speed Waxes

Old 05-22-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Speed Waxes

I see some race teams are using them, do they really work? Anybody got any success stories using them? Which is best?

Awhile ago seems like there was a group purchase through OSO, but I don't remember anyone saying if they worked or not.
Old 05-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Registered

That's kinda what I thought, but it seems some teams are still using it.

Anybody else try it?
Old 05-22-2002, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hyspeedkote works. it about 1mile an hour. it also takes a little of the ounding out of the boat in rough water.

Treadwell
Old 05-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Treadwellmotorsports
hyspeedkote works. it about 1mile an hour. it also takes a little of the ounding out of the boat in rough water.

Treadwell
It takes some of the pounding out in rough water? That's like saying if I wax my car, it won't hurt as much if I hit a tree...
Old 05-23-2002, 08:02 AM
BDFREE

treadwell

are you racing this year.

Old 05-23-2002, 08:30 AM
Registered

you guys should pay more attention to what tread says...i don't see tread listed as one of their sponsors....for 120 bucks what do u have to loose???....i've spent a lot of K on prop work that got me nothing....

www.hyspeedkote.com
Old 05-23-2002, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tread is right, if I didn't see it for myself I would not have believed it. We saw 1-2 mph gain and yes, for some reason when the boat landed it was definitely smoother then with out it.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first of all they are not my sponsor, second of all i don't believe it's avaible at stores.

and yes i spent a year testing 15 speed kotes and this was one that worked and helped the boat.

it is actually not a wax. it is a polymer. it actually attracts a small layer of water to your hull. so when you are running it is water against water. hence lass friction you go faster.
and yes it does help in rough water. if you have water against water then your landing will be smoother. if you have just a standard waxed bottom (because wax repells water ) you will actually slap the water harder.it also improve gas milage. they sell this stuff to big tanker companys. they have gained up to 15 nots. they save gas and get to there ports a lot faster.

this stuff actually works even better on cruisers and boats without steps. the more hull you have in the water the more speed you gain. thats why you only see a small diffrence with todays stepped bottoms.

if any of you need it let me know and i can get it for you . it also cost more than a 120.00. i believe it's 300 and that is enough for a 38ft boat. there are specific instructions to it and if you don't follow them they won't work. but for 300 for i mile an hour is cheap. also works as a bottom paint so you can leave your boat in the water.

if anybody needs more info e mail me.

Treadwell

Last edited by Treadwellmotorsports; 05-23-2002 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

take a look at the site...it tells u where u can buy it.

hey, tread did ya see my last post about the f2 crap...i thought it was funny
Old 05-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Registered

I'd say if it was worth 1 or 2 mph on my boat it is well worth the price. According to their chart I could probably get away with a 14 oz. can so $60. That's the cheapest 1 mph I'll ever get. Or taking the cooler of beer out!

Pricing

Quick Reply: Speed Waxes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.