Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How do you write your hobby off to your business? >

How do you write your hobby off to your business?

Notices

How do you write your hobby off to your business?

Old 09-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=dagah2x;4184410]
Originally Posted by wingnit
And let us not forget that you sorry mortgage people are in fact the main reasons that the real estate market went completly upside down due to your inflated property evaluations which in turn paid you a larger commission and that the result of your greed has all the rest of us working folks still paying for your stupid mistakes.

I dont see any reason to pick on me because of my profession just because you probably bought a house in Florida on top of the market and lost your azz on it.

I think everyone here has pretty much the same opinion as I do that the working class pays WAY too much in taxes to support entirely too many people living off the system.

I see plenty of reason to pick on you. This is not one sided. I am a small business owner and you made a generalized statement that lumped small business owners together. I am doing the same with you as a mortgage company associate.

I called you out on your opinion, and now you're a part of the working class and pay way too much in taxes. Flipped like a pancake. That is what this thread was about to begin with.
An don't give us this that you work hard for a living. Please do tell how hard you have to work at screwing people. If you truly are in a 30 to 40% bracket, then you are making ~$425 k per year preying on people. How do you look at yourself in the mirror knowing the part you played in the fleecing of the American people?

Remember....do unto others, you reap the benefit of what you sow, what goes around comes around............

BTW....You made another generalization lumping me in with people who didn't understand what was happening with the Florida real estate market. I bought my waterfront home in St. Petersburg 20 years ago and it was far from inflated. I didn't let you greed stricken azzhats talk me into leveraging the hell out of my home during the boom and therefore am not anywhere near upside down like so many unsuspecting (uninformed) others. I feel sorry for them for what you and the rest of your bottom feeding cronies allowed to happen....wait....more like did to these families.

Last edited by wingnit; 09-07-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Come on, sign right up for this adjustable rate mortgage. Your 900K dollar house will be plenty affordable on 50K a year as long as the rates don't go up to 2% or more. Not our fault you are in over your head in 2 years.... I watched my property value drop as the Clampets across the street moved in to a 500K dollar house, did nothing to it for a year and a half, and then let the bank forclose on it and dump it.

I own a small business, and I pay a sheetload of taxes. If somebody had told me when I opened my doors what I would be paying in taxes I honestly would have thought they were lying. I will legally right off any and everything I possibly can.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by donzi matt
Come on, sign right up for this adjustable rate mortgage. Your 900K dollar house will be plenty affordable on 50K a year as long as the rates don't go up to 2% or more. Not our fault you are in over your head in 2 years.... I watched my property value drop as the Clampets across the street moved in to a 500K dollar house, did nothing to it for a year and a half, and then let the bank forclose on it and dump it.

I own a small business, and I pay a sheetload of taxes. If somebody had told me when I opened my doors what I would be paying in taxes I honestly would have thought they were lying. I will legally right off any and everything I possibly can.
Hey Matt!

Maybe we can claim mortgage boy on our taxes as a dependent.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Registered

Hey Matt!

Maybe we can claim mortgage boy on our taxes as a dependent.

I LOVE OSO!
Old 09-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Registered

Our current tax code is almost 74,000 pages long and over 7 times the length of the Holy Bible. That leaves plenty of grey area to be navigated, and I'm walking through every grey door my accountant will let me. It has nothing to do with "paying my fair share" and everything to do with the fiduciary responsibility I have to my wife, kids, and my boating habit.

I dang near starved to death the first couple of years I owned my business. My family suffered, I worked long horrible hours and had tons of doors slammed in my face but I kept pushing and survived. We bought groceries and gas on a credit card for several months because that was our only option. By golly now that I'm making some money you can bet your azz I'm going to hang onto every last dime I can. My story isn't unique either, every small business I owner I know has had similar struggles.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndyinTN
Our current tax code is almost 74,000 pages long and over 7 times the length of the Holy Bible. That leaves plenty of grey area to be navigated, and I'm walking through every grey door my accountant will let me. It has nothing to do with "paying my fair share" and everything to do with the fiduciary responsibility I have to my wife, kids, and my boating habit.

I dang near starved to death the first couple of years I owned my business. My family suffered, I worked long horrible hours and had tons of doors slammed in my face but I kept pushing and survived. We bought groceries and gas on a credit card for several months because that was our only option. By golly now that I'm making some money you can bet your azz I'm going to hang onto every last dime I can. My story isn't unique either, every small business I owner I know has had similar struggles.
Amen...It is a fight when you go out on your own. I only thought I had everything figured out until I went out on my own...I just hope one of these days I can enjoy the benefits of all this hard work. Life was a lot easier working for someone else letting them do all the heavy lifting. Looking back I would not change a thing. Just wish I made the move years ago before I had kids.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And let us not forget that you sorry mortgage people are in fact the main reasons that the real estate market went completly upside down due to your inflated property evaluations which in turn paid you a larger commission and that the result of your greed has all the rest of us working folks still paying for your stupid mistakes.

Put down your shovel. You have dug a deep enough hole!
The real cause of the crash was Greenspan keeping rates to low for way to long and wall st creating a huge mortgage backed securities market that gave all these banks and mortgage brokers a place to sell the loans.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by pstorti
The real cause of the crash was Greenspan keeping rates to low for way to long and wall st creating a huge mortgage backed securities market that gave all these banks and mortgage brokers a place to sell the loans.
Sorry, but Greenspan was only a part of the problem. The entire industry mortgage AND insurance, GLOBALLY were playing by rules that assured the failure on an international level. This one isn't about political parties, it's about people being greedy and stupid, worldwide.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Amen...It is a fight when you go out on your own. I only thought I had everything figured out until I went out on my own...I just hope one of these days I can enjoy the benefits of all this hard work. Life was a lot easier working for someone else letting them do all the heavy lifting. Looking back I would not change a thing. Just wish I made the move years ago before I had kids.
Keep on fighting the good fight. A successful business is driven by dedication and survives because of determination. If it was easy, everybody would do it.