Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pic of stepped hull in action from underneath (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/293282-pic-stepped-hull-action-underneath.html)

Indy 03-20-2013 07:18 AM

Pic of stepped hull in action from underneath

1 Attachment(s)
The back page of Boating Magazine had an ad from Regal with this picture. I thought it was interesting since it showed how the stepped hull works from a perspective we rarely see.

Sort of makes me wonder why manufacturers don't do this for every hull to see if their design works as it should. Maybe they do but I'm not aware.

Any, I thought it'd be good to post this since stepped hull designs have been discussed here forever.

LAriverratt 03-20-2013 07:25 AM

be cool to see some multi hull step pics like that...cat shots would be sweet as well!!!

Knot 4 Me 03-20-2013 08:01 AM

Regal was showing a video that most likely that shot was taken from at the St. Louis boat show. It might be out on YouTube.

Wobble 03-20-2013 10:20 AM

I say we get Jayboat a snorkel and turn him loose. He already has mastered the part where you go in the water with the camera gear.:evilb:

dykstra 03-20-2013 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 3889138)
I say we get Jayboat a snorkel and turn him loose. He already has mastered the part where you go in the water with the camera gear.:evilb:

Oh snap!!:lolhit:

the deep 03-20-2013 11:18 AM

Welcome to the view from my world .

HALLETT FAN 03-20-2013 11:23 AM

What about the shot of Reggies cat killer V , it's almost out the water at top speed ...how much effect does a stepped hull have
on speeds that fast ?

Too Stroked 03-20-2013 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by HALLETT FAN (Post 3889182)
What about the shot of Reggies cat killer V , it's almost out the water at top speed ...how much effect does a stepped hull have
on speeds that fast ?

If you recall, Reggie also (correctly) stated that where the steps were placed on a given hull did relate to a number of other variables including how much power you had. The more power you had, the further back the steps needed to be to have any effect.

phragle 03-20-2013 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Too Stroked (Post 3889221)
If you recall, Reggie also (correctly) stated that where the steps were placed on a given hull did relate to a number of other variables including how much power you had. The more power you had, the further back the steps needed to be to have any effect.

So cat killer was so fast, that wasnt a notched transom, it was the step?? :party-smiley-004:

KWright 03-20-2013 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 3889229)
So cat killer was so fast, that wasnt a notched transom, it was the step?? :party-smiley-004:

Good one!:lolhit: