Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I figured my problem, man I am getting good at this! Need to know why this happened. >

I figured my problem, man I am getting good at this! Need to know why this happened.

Notices

I figured my problem, man I am getting good at this! Need to know why this happened.

Old 07-22-2002, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I figured my problem, man I am getting good at this! Need to know why this happened.

After a long run on Sun I docked the boat. About 45 min. later I went to load onto the trailer. The port motor would not turn over. All I would hear is a click....and that was it. Well, today, after pulling plugs and trying to see if the motor would turn over, with the coil wire off, I noticed the Procharger torquing over each time I turned the key. I took the belt off and could not turn the pully on the supercharger. Then I saw that the pully had somehow been pulled in towards the housing and wore a groove in the pully and wore away the edge of the housing. The pully was so tight that I had to use a bearing puller to loosen it. The bearings were binding up but then spun freely. I can get the bearings locally but I know Procharger probably will not sell me a new front housing.

Does this sound normal for a bearing failure to actually pull the pully in? Or did the bolt on the pully somehow grab and over tighten?

Last edited by Pure Energy; 07-22-2002 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-22-2002, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ken,

sorry do not know the answer to your question, but did you go up to AC on Sat or Sunday with kenp and the others from n jersey? I was there on Sat but spend my day Sunday working around the house.

Last edited by thunderdan; 07-22-2002 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2002, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dan,

How the new ride? No, I did not go to A/C. Spent the day raging on the Hudson. It got rough too Fun ride.