Notices

Holland MI.

Old 07-22-2002, 07:18 PM
finney

Default Holland MI.

We are going to Holland this weekend any help on lodging. Also what is there to do and where does everyone hang out.

Old 07-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

finney,

Holland is kind of a dull place to go. Try Saugatuck---it's a cozy little spot----the next port south of Holland. You have to go about a mile or so up river until you start seeing civilization. The river will keep curving to your right. Look for a place called Coral Gables. It will be on your left as you are coming in. In fact, I think Saugatuck is having their Venetian Fest this weekend. Holland is a nice port, but I think you'd be quite disappointed. I'm quite sure Saugatuck is the place you're looking for.

Where are you from?
Old 07-22-2002, 08:28 PM
finney

Midland We usualy go north but are going to try somthing different

Old 07-22-2002, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahh another one from my side of the state.,.

finney.. where do you run up north? and what do you run?>
Old 07-22-2002, 08:54 PM
MIdnightRider

Take 15 mins and go to Sausagetuck, park in front of Coral Gables. Its a blowout there every weekend. We have been there twice this year and had a great time. Midnight

Old 07-22-2002, 09:09 PM
finney

Travis we boat at wixom lake, Bay City, Higgins Lake, Torch Lake, Traverse City. I run a 33 Daytona

Old 07-22-2002, 09:10 PM
finney

We need a nice hotel somewhere close

Old 07-22-2002, 09:12 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

If it were me, I'd skip Holland all together. There is NOTHING to do there by boat. NO public docks. NO restaurants (other than the yacht club). You are much better off in Saugatuck, Grand Haven (Coast Gaurd Festival starts this week, should be able to see some of the Coasties boats), or Muskegon. In Muskegon, I'd stay at Great Lakes Marina (Crazyhorse has his boat there as does SuperV and Fred). Nice marina. Good little bar/restaurant right across the street. Breakfast is just outside the entrance to the marina (on Lakeshore Drive, an EASY walk). And there are a couple of nice restaurants on the water (Dockers, Bear Lake Tavern, and a couple more). Believe me (I've been boating here all my life) Holland is NOT the place to be if you're a powerboater.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Registered

thats cool finney... Sounds like a kick ass boat.. We boat on van ettan lake in oscoda... about 1 1/2 hours north of bay city.. nice little lake.. I have ran the saginaw river a few times last fall.. would like to run this week to test my oil cooler ,before i go to kentucky.. , waiting for my buddie to put his boat together, so I can have a tow boat if needed LOL!

Travis
Old 07-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

In Holland there are all the major hotels. Right on US 31. Days Inn, Holiday Inn (brand new), Best Western (brand new also), etc...

Quick Reply: Holland MI.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.