PSIRacing Engine start up Vid, Prep for Desert Storm

Old 03-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it. Good luck at DS. Artie
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Registered

I figured the little pipe was for a gate but why is there water flowing out of it? I have had gates on a few of my diesel but i cant figure that one out...? Maybe i am stupid.

Ok google answered my question... are you just trying to keep the gate cool? Or is there some other benefit?

I also noticed you changed springs...Does that gate have the option to put a regulator on it? I ran one into the cab of my truck and could adjust it without changing springs...

Last edited by JD Dearden; 03-26-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
psi
Registered

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
I figured the little pipe was for a gate but why is there water flowing out of it? I have had gates on a few of my diesel but i cant figure that one out...? Maybe i am stupid.

Ok google answered my question... are you just trying to keep the gate cool? Or is there some other benefit?

I also noticed you changed springs...Does that gate have the option to put a regulator on it? I ran one into the cab of my truck and could adjust it without changing springs...
Well you know what they say, that any question is never a stupid question.... Yes the smaller pipe is for the gate, I water cooled it for that exact reason, the only thing is that exhaust flow isnt coming out of there all the time but I had no choice to make it simple and just have some small water flow continuously.

Also regarding springs and boost controller.... i do run a boost controller on top of my static wastegate pressure... The only thing is my boost controller is good for about 20psi+ on top of my static gate spring pressure which is where the change comes from... Theres nothing to hide that in getting my boat to run the speeds it does I need to run boost upwards of 30+psi....in LOTO, the run started at about 35psi but by the time the engine reached 8000rpm and exhaust backpressure increased boost fell to the area of 29-31psi, which wa a culprit of me swapping the gate spring to a lower one... Now my static gate pressure is roughly 18psi plus my boost controller, so look for some big boost #'s in desert storm...

Regards,
Brendan
PSIRacing
Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 AM
psi
Registered

Originally Posted by Jolley
Good Luck Brendan. Do you have the vid anywhere else. No Facebook..............................
Originally Posted by akaboatman
Love it. Good luck at DS. Artie
@Jolley.... You should be able to view it and dont need a facebook account to see it, its on my public PSIRacing facebook page... if anything google, psiracing facebook and it should take you right to the page... You might have some problems viewing it if its with a i-phone....

Thanks artie!!!

Regards,
Brendan
Old 03-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by psi
Well you know what they say, that any question is never a stupid question.... Yes the smaller pipe is for the gate, I water cooled it for that exact reason, the only thing is that exhaust flow isnt coming out of there all the time but I had no choice to make it simple and just have some small water flow continuously.

Also regarding springs and boost controller.... i do run a boost controller on top of my static wastegate pressure... The only thing is my boost controller is good for about 20psi+ on top of my static gate spring pressure which is where the change comes from... Theres nothing to hide that in getting my boat to run the speeds it does I need to run boost upwards of 30+psi....in LOTO, the run started at about 35psi but by the time the engine reached 8000rpm and exhaust backpressure increased boost fell to the area of 29-31psi, which wa a culprit of me swapping the gate spring to a lower one... Now my static gate pressure is roughly 18psi plus my boost controller, so look for some big boost #'s in desert storm...

Regards,
Brendan
PSIRacing
Very cool i would love to have a turbo engine in my boat...I had a inline 6 when i was messing around, ran 3 60mm gates two on the manifold and one on the back end.

Not trying to hijack but being a turbo guy you might like this.

I will keep my eye out at Desert Strom for you.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 AM
psi
Registered

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Very cool i would love to have a turbo engine in my boat...I had a inline 6 when i was messing around, ran 3 60mm gates two on the manifold and one on the back end.

Not trying to hijack but being a turbo guy you might like this.

I will keep my eye out at Desert Strom for you.
Looks badd ass and in sure you will find us in Desert Storm!!

Thanks,
Brendan