75k budget, what would you buy?

Notices

75k budget, what would you buy?

Old 03-30-2013, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
The picture on the right is the one that put the hook in me. The impressive stats came later. What a radical lookin ride, they did great with the simple vinyl graphics for that boat too.
I would take any serious person out for a rip just show how good of a boat they really are to spread the Phantom love. Just noticed, is that will driving?
That is Will Smith driving, i am the passenger, his employee climbed the channel marker in Sarasota Bay, to pictures of Will driving the boat, and me as the passenger. This was when I went to Phantom after having Innovation rebuild and dyno the motors, and having Will put it all back together after my father's passing.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LicenseToChill
nice ride!!!!!
Thanks, notice no water or exhaust out of the tail-pipes in third picture? Silent Choice - fast and quiet, if need be, that was my late father's choice, I do not mind a loud boat.
Attached Thumbnails 75k budget, what would you buy?-90mphsarasota.jpg   75k budget, what would you buy?-100_1275nice.jpg   75k budget, what would you buy?-9thstbridgeoc.jpg  

Last edited by Smarty; 03-30-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Beautiful boat. I'm in the market as well and I was considering your boat. Tough part, which I couldnt seem to get myself around is the resale value is way down. At the end of the day, the market for people look at phantoms are very very very small. I had a similar problem with my kryptonite. When it came to sell it took 2 years, and I took a pretty big hit on it. The first offer I got i pretty much took because i knew it would be awhile until someone else got hot on the boat. Beautiful boat though. Very best of luck on the sale. Looks to be very respectable numbers 515 a side 93 on a non-stepped bottom.
It is a single ventilated step, 90-92 mph, 87 octane, very conservative cam and set-up, 34" Bravo props (labbed by Murphy's in Virginia Beach) with added cup, I could not find a picture of the bottom, but BWD (Brian could post a picture of bottom, he has some pictures).

PS Gonna have Sean Stinson broker it....talked with Sean this week, hopefully I can sell it or he can sell it.
Attached Thumbnails 75k budget, what would you buy?-100_1526.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Smarty; 03-30-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
I stand corrected. Also i think the engines are 515hp per side.
Innovation dynoed Dart-Mercury 540 cu.in. EFI at 515 and 519. You are correct sir! My best guess is the motors have about 8-10 hours of total run time, mostly at 3200 rpm or less.

Call me at 856-449-0939 or e-mail me at [email protected], for more info, tire kickers welcome, because you will never know unless you ask, so don't ever hesitate to ask me a question. You will get an answer, it may not be the answer you want, but you WILL get an answer...

Stephen R. Jones

(also another shameless plug, I am a Criminal and DUI defense attorney in New Jersey, so if you or anyone you know needs legal help have him or her call me)

and if you want ot go much slower I have a 1992 15" Boston Whaler Dauntless with a 60 hp garage kept, seldom used for $9K OBO, never kept in water, always trailered. Runs 42 mph with the sun-top down. It is a very nice Whaler.
Attached Thumbnails 75k budget, what would you buy?-540s.jpg   75k budget, what would you buy?-100_1314.jpg   75k budget, what would you buy?-whaler-seating.jpg  

75k budget, what would you buy?-100_1305.jpg  

Last edited by Smarty; 03-30-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:51 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(Brian could post a picture of bottom, he has some pictures)

I've been trying to do that all afternoon , be my guest lol. I'm so computa illiterate! Now that we completely Phantomized this thread, I still stand by the 33 Outlaw for some good reasons.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bwd
(Brian could post a picture of bottom, he has some pictures)

I've been trying to do that all afternoon , be my guest lol. I'm so computa illiterate! Now that we completely Phantomized this thread, I still stand by the 33 Outlaw for some good reasons.
You like the Outlaw, I am a fan of the 30' Sutphen (for a straight V). I can't find the pictures of the holes in the 34' bottom that explain Will's step.

Ya, typically I am not that obnoxious or that much a of a self-promter but I turned 48 years old yesterday, and I aint' wasting time no more!

Last edited by Smarty; 03-30-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

That is not a dauntless whaler, it is a 15 classic. Even better..
Old 03-30-2013, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on everything you wrote the choice is obvious: Griff's AT or the Schiada on Boat Trader. Personally I would go with Griff's AT the boat is clean as they come. Both are great in the rough.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Pismo10
That is not a dauntless whaler, it is a 15 classic. Even better..
Call it classic, call it a sport, call it a supersport, call it a dauntless I will call it yours for $9K. I love cruisng the ICW from Cape May to Stathmere, having the occasssional adult refreshment, carefree boating, regardless of tide (how shallow at low tide). I like to go fast, but when driving a 34' boat at 90+mph, I am much, much more focused, sober (hardly ever drink when driving the hot-rod). Both boats are fun, each serves a purpose. I just love boats. I always thought this wa a Super Sport, Capisano Insurance calls it a Dauntless

The interior of my boat (molded fiberglass piece with seat cushion distinguishes the 15' from the 15' Sport and 15' Supersport models), with the wooden bench seating the runs the width of the boat. Look at the interior pictures closely and you will see what I mean, versus the older style of that same time period (pictured is a 15' Super Sport). So Classic, Sport, Super-Sport, or Dauntless, I am still not 100% confident or certain.

Thanks for the compliment.

Sorry to all for hi-jacking the thread abotu the Whaler...as you may notice, or did not, in 13 + years on this site I do not post all that much, but when I do can get a little overboard. Happy Easter.
Attached Thumbnails 75k budget, what would you buy?-whaler-seating.jpg   75k budget, what would you buy?-whaler-helm.jpg   75k budget, what would you buy?-15-sport.jpg  

Last edited by Smarty; 03-31-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spelling