Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any MI people going to Torch Lake this weekend? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29366-any-mi-people-going-torch-lake-weekend.html)

blackhawk 07-22-2002 10:21 PM

Any MI people going to Torch Lake this weekend?

I about have my rebuilt drive broke in. Time to hit Torch Lake and really open her up! :D I am going through Torch Lake withdrawls. :rolleyes: Just wondering if anyone from the board is going to be around there?

Waterfoul 07-22-2002 10:28 PM

Wish I could, but I don't have a tow vehicle at the moment. Tranny on the Dodge is acting up.

My parents are on Glen Lake (the other side of Traverse from Torch) and I love boating there too. Never boated on Torch/Elk/Skegmog lake before. But it's on my list of places to go. That and the Chain Of Lakes (Indian River) ending up on Mac. Island for a day.

Tinkerer 07-22-2002 10:36 PM

WOW -- MIKE -- those are both great places to go. When you want to do the chain of lakes call me I will do it again. I love TORCH LAKE but it is a jinx for me. I talked about going the week of the fourth but changed my mind.( BLEW UP THE TRUCK MOTOR ) It runs great now by the way. How is your boat coming???

Playn 07-22-2002 10:41 PM

Mike & Tinker

Let me know if you plan a trip to the Indian river. The wife has this on a must do list for the summer. Thinking late August right now.

blackhawk 07-22-2002 10:47 PM

I have heard that Glen Lake is nice too. We put in on Elk and go down the river to Torch. Absolutely beautiful!!! :D

Waterfoul 07-22-2002 10:53 PM

I'm doing the Shootout at LOTO in late August. AFter that, I'll be broke again!! That will probably be my only other trip this year. Funds are about gone, and I still have to fix my truck.

Red Stripe 07-22-2002 11:12 PM

Actually Blackhawk, we are headed up to Torch this weekend (friday afternoon till Sunday sometime). We couldn't find anyplace up there that had reasonalble rates (and not booked up) so we will be staying south (way south) and driving there each day.
Not sure how much hi speed running we will be doing (3 boat, 4 family vacation) but we will be bringing video and digital cameras :D and running around checking out the lakes up there.
Would love to have someone who knew where they were going lead us through the river from Elk to Torch too!!

blackhawk 07-22-2002 11:36 PM

Red Stripe, we plan on heading up Saturday morning. Should be putting in at Whitewater park about 10-10:30 am. We do a lot of hanging out at the sandbar and do a few runs throughout the day. Where are you guys staying?

Red Stripe 07-23-2002 12:03 AM

We are staying in Cadillac and trailering north every day. That was pretty much the closest we could get. I see that one of your videos on your website was taken on Lake Mitchell. Do you live near there?

Intolerant1 07-23-2002 12:42 AM

Just did the Cheboygan river all the way to Crooked lake. Its an all day trip each way with alot of shallow water. Its also all no wake until Mullet lake then between Mullet and Burt then most of the way to Crooked. When it wasnt no wake, on parts of Crooked river, there is barley enough water to get up on plane w/o polishing your prop on the bottom. Its a looooong ride. Some nice wildlife refuge viewing along the way though. I would skip the Cheboygan River and put in on Mullet and head south. The Cheboyagan River isnt that scenic anyway.

PS. Hey Foul, missed ya when we were up there. Didnt get to TC until later Saturday and got your message on Monday. Hooked up with another couple with a boat when I was pulled over calling you on the cell phone. We ended up slplitting a 60' slip in Northport. That was as close to TC as we could get. Did 300 miles on the water in 12 days. Hit Northport, Elk Rapids (and Pearls Restaruant....umm good), Charlevoix, then up to my dads near Indian River.