Donzi and Fountain Resume Limited Production

Notices

Donzi and Fountain Resume Limited Production

Old 03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
www.LEGENDMARINEGROUP.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
So, what separates a Donzi, from a Fountain, from a Baja?

Different or same location, people, management, processes, engineering, etc???

How do they market the differences? Almost sounds like the same boat with different brand logos, and maybe deck molds....

Can anyone "in the know" elaborate on that?
Don't Leave out Pro Line they probably think they can build a Fountain to the Laminate Schedule as a Pro Line with the same materials. By the looks of the 3-4 Baja they have built they look bag of crap compared to what Brunswick was building.
[email protected]
Old 03-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Unless they have unbeatable prices, I would think people with that kind of coin would go to tried and true, and still original. There are a number of companies, and I'm sure most here could name them, that are long-standing boat builders. Yes, they have a Brand name, but they are selling boats that are famous for something other than the name on the outside hull.

There was a reason Donzi and Fountain had the name recognition and respect they did, I question whether anything's left than the names. Whenever I hear the words Marketing and Brand in the same sentence, I wonder whatever happened to the product? Wasn't this the same basic group that was slammed by orders once before, only to go bankrupt again? It's only been two years and it's hard to figure out who's on first.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by bad judgment
Agree!!! If Regie ain't building it then no reason to buy it.
Originally Posted by FountainDealer.com
Don't Leave out Pro Line they probably think they can build a Fountain to the Laminate Schedule as a Pro Line with the same materials. By the looks of the 3-4 Baja they have built they look bag of crap compared to what Brunswick was building.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/3893694-post240.html

When I saw and read this I doubt Fountain had the industry standard for lamination schedules. Pretty shabby work stapling stringer components together without any structural bonding.
ed
Old 03-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

i think it is good for the hobby we all love but i really think they should bring back the donzi zx line. its much better for the all around boater. i love mine and dont think i would ever go to a zr, i love the wider beam and taller deck. and like u guys where saying they r going to have to step it up with there quality for the boats because the people looking to buy a donzi or fountain will be looking for it and wont take any thing less
Old 03-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
So, what separates a Donzi, from a Fountain, from a Baja?

Different or same location, people, management, processes, engineering, etc???

How do they market the differences? Almost sounds like the same boat with different brand logos, and maybe deck molds....

Can anyone "in the know" elaborate on that?
This article may help answer some of your questions, http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...-and-pro-line/.

I wrote it for boats.com awhile back. Keep in mind that the boats.com audience is much more general and less in the know about high-performance boats than the people in this community. Still, there is some basic stuff you can take from from John Walker's comments in the article.

1. Baja—entry level sportboats and runabouts.
2. Fountain—production sportboats and fishing center consoles.
3. Donzi—Semi-custom sportboats and general-use center consoles.

That's my takeaway, at least.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

bankrupt in less than 2 years...
Old 03-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 4,272 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Man there must have been a sale on Haterade
Old 03-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Man there must have been a sale on Haterade
not really...just people building boats that shouldn't be...it's as tall as it is long... and you think they would have cleaned the water lines off it before they put it on the front page of their website... or take the picture of the child molester toasting champagne to a girl 30 years younger than him...

Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New boat sales will never be like they were 5-10years ago.the economy is not helping.i dont know about you guys,but none of my friends own new bosts.never have.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by keegan
not really...just people building boats that shouldn't be...it's as tall as it is long... and you think they would have cleaned the water lines off it before they put it on the front page of their website... or take the picture of the child molester toasting champagne to a girl 30 years younger than him...

Thats Uncle Rapey Molesto..... where is his white panel van?

Last edited by endeavor1; 03-28-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.