Donzi and Fountain Resume Limited Production >

Donzi and Fountain Resume Limited Production

Notices

Donzi and Fountain Resume Limited Production

Old 03-29-2013, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by keegan
not really...just people building boats that shouldn't be...it's as tall as it is long... and you think they would have cleaned the water lines off it before they put it on the front page of their website... or take the picture of the child molester toasting champagne to a girl 30 years younger than him...

Lmao!!!

Someone needs to photoshop in those thought/speech bubbles like they have in comic books and let people start filling them in. I'm sure there would be some funny responses from this group.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
This article may help answer some of your questions, http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...-and-pro-line/.

I wrote it for boats.com awhile back. Keep in mind that the boats.com audience is much more general and less in the know about high-performance boats than the people in this community. Still, there is some basic stuff you can take from from John Walker's comments in the article.

1. Baja—entry level sportboats and runabouts.
2. Fountain—production sportboats and fishing center consoles.
3. Donzi—Semi-custom sportboats and general-use center consoles.

That's my takeaway, at least.
So the suits in the back office called a few dealers and talked to a few boaters to decide what might sell. They own famous names so they figure they can sell boats to a few unsaavy buyers on sales pitch alone. Will they be allowed to advertise Reggie's racing legacy? Will they be allowed to put on the website the kilo run that shows the worlds fastest V hull? Is it really that easy for bankers and salesmen to buy a brand name, hire some workers, and make record breaking sturdy product? Are any of the actual engineers, employees and production supervisors that built the genuine Fountain and Donzi hulls of the 90's and 00's employed at the new factory or even consulted? I think the wise among us will continue to refit original hulls for a while yet.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cp5899
Lmao!!!

Someone needs to photoshop in those thought/speech bubbles like they have in comic books and let people start filling them in. I'm sure there would be some funny responses from this group.
Good idea.....

Anyone notice all the exposed screw heads everywhere??
Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Registered

here's one.....

Old 03-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

I hope it works out...they certainly have the facility to manufacture quality boats and I'm sure people that worked in the factory in the past would be happy to have jobs again. As far as separating the brands to retain identity it sounds like the Bajas would wind up being entry level sport boats up to 30' in legnth, Fountain would come back with larger performance/fishing boats from 35' and up and Donzi would remain semi custom performance oriented.....
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL this is going to get good...and very off topic...
Old 03-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Wow that interior looks horrible. Is that half painted piece of plywood in the front?

How about the cushions, flat, no shape,,,,,,,, and this is a advertizement for them?
Old 03-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Wow that interior looks horrible. Is that half painted piece of plywood in the front?

How about the cushions, flat, no shape,,,,,,,, and this is a advertizement for them?
Custom plywood hoss.....custon
Old 03-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_Bigdog
here's one.....

Exactly what I was talking about...and so it begins!! LoL
Old 03-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I think that is a brown pillow up front. Has anyone noticed Chester's west marine shoes that go well with his board shorts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.