Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
figure this one out...what is the problem??? >

figure this one out...what is the problem???

Notices

figure this one out...what is the problem???

Old 07-23-2002, 02:51 PM
blackhawk

Like I said, I would say that is the next step. To figure out what happens and when. My first step of troubleshooting would be to plug something else in the outlet and see if thje breaker pops. If it does, move on to the next step. If it doesn't then the hairdryer is the CAUSE of the PROBLEM.

Old 07-23-2002, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the problem is....when something is plugged into a outlet a breaker is tripped.

my reason behind this simple example...which my prof. showed us....is too often when troubleshooting we start off and make assumptions based off of past experiences. not saying it's bad...it's how we solve problems very quickly....past experiences!....but it's when we don't have past experience what do we do??....we want quick answers....turn to others for theirs....i.e....the OSO board...what a GREAT tool !!!.... just be sure establish the problem....then test the root cause against the problem...don't look for the root prior to establishing the problem...

you think this one was easy, a joke??...now take a class of 30 or so and have them find out why 4 planes crashed...all of us didn't really don't know jack in the department! the class was the global eight disciplines of troubleshooting. some HATED it....some really liked it

blackhawk....dinners on me....where at in MI do ya live....plus i've always loved doniz's!!!!
Old 07-23-2002, 02:53 PM
packinair

Joe: Man, you are to hard to follow, I'm just going to wait for the made for TV movie

Old 07-23-2002, 02:54 PM
Registered

Oh yeah
Old 07-23-2002, 03:03 PM
Registered

AUDACITY,
HOW RIGHT YOU ARE....... SOMETIMES ITS NECESSARY TO LOOK BEYOND THE BOX.

" WE ARE ONLY LIMITED MY OUR OWN IMAGINATION"

Last edited by After Burner; 07-23-2002 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:04 PM
blackhawk

Audacity, I am about 40 miles south of Traverse City. If I remember right, I thought I saw a post of you talking about Grand Haven(or that area) a while back. I usually get down there a couple times a year.

Old 07-23-2002, 03:22 PM
Registered

i'll let u know when i'm in GH!!

i have to cut all the women out for that to ever happen!...then what fun would that be to see.

"LIMITED MY OUR OWN IMAGINATION"....man that's what gets me into trouble all the time...i should keep some of that **** in my head!

well...i'm off to see the wizard, the.....
Old 07-23-2002, 03:27 PM
blackhawk

Or, if I make it to the Cleveland race I'll gladly trade for a ride in an F-2 boat!!!

Old 07-23-2002, 03:55 PM
CRUBOSS

I HAD A WIFE ONCE........BUT HER HUSBAND CAME AND GOT HER...

Old 07-23-2002, 05:05 PM
audacitychick

cool...love to see ya show for cleavland! not sure about the ride... i wonder if the damn thing will run when i get there? ...i may bring another boat???...or two??... ....i'll keep ya all posted!

actually NO ONE has really seen suzannah (the x)...i really just gave her cement shoes and tossed her....told everyone she was a lesbian and wanted nothing to do with her past life!....see it worked!!!....got to think of a new plan for the next one up....or down that is

Quick Reply: figure this one out...what is the problem???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.