Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Not mine but a half azz funny read.. >

Not mine but a half azz funny read..

Notices

Not mine but a half azz funny read..

Old 04-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not mine but a half azz funny read..

Not Mine - But Funny As Hell If It Posts
1959 Ray Hunt designs Bertram 31 "moppie" First V stephull (Step refers to longitudinal strakes) Boat immediately wins Miami Nassaurace by a huge margin and establishes deep vees as the rough water planingdesign of choice, combining strength and performance.

1962 Don Aronow creates Formula 233 (copies Bertram with sexier lines) Hailedas a "break through". This makes offshore racing available to morepeople.

1964 Don Aronow creates Donzi (copies Formula with sexier lines)Hailed as a"break through".

1965 Paul Allison creates the "pad bottom" , first change in RayHunt's design that actually meant anything.

1966 Don Aronow creates Magnum (copies Donzi with sexier.etc, Throws a Schultztunnel hull in for some obscure reason)

1969 Don Aronow creates Cigarette (copies Magnum without the Schultz Hydrokat)

1970 Don Aronow hires John Crouse as PR guy and is immediately Canonized as thesecond coming of Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein with a little Paul Bunyanthrown in for good measure.

1976 George Linder creates Challenger 21 arguably the greatest Vee bottom ever.

1981 Don Aronow creates The Squadron ( just a copy of Cigarette)

1981 Reggie Fountain aftermarkets Excaliburs, calls them Executioners andbecomes the inventor of the Vee bottom....takes out pages of advertizing, andpeople actually believe him.

1981 Shadow puts a step on the revamped Challenger 21 and creates the world'sfirst production stepped V bottom...admitting that the idea came from 1930'sera runabouts and Sea plane floats.... Design is immediately discarded becausethere is no speed increase and the boat turns dangerously.

1982 Don Aronow creates the Apache 41 (Never gets a good night's sleep again).

1986 Don Aronow creates the "Blue Thunder" and a few years later isfound dead of a gun shot wound. Early rumors that irate Blue Thunder ownerskilled him are squashed when Ben Kramer is implicated(irate Company owner).

1987. Hustler buys old Signature molds and creates new old Signatures.

1988 Fountain Powerboats creates the world's first ugly hook nosed bow andcalls it an original "design change"..... and people believe him.

1993 Reggie Fountain invents the "stepped Vee"...again.......claimsit's much faster .... and people believe him.

19931/2 Every other Vee bottom manufacturer invents the stepped Vee bottom...again...
all of them are no faster than older models, but turn worse.

1996 Now that steps are considered State-of -the-Art, manufacturers turn tostyling and graphics to jack up prices. Except Reggie who just charges a lotanyway...and people believe him.

1997 Mike Allweiss invents Factory class racing (or maybe it was Gene Whipp),believing that the public wants to watch 37 year old technology with sea planebottom modifications flailing around in semi hysterical bedlam. This isconsidered "The Next Great Motorsport". Jersey Speed Skiff racersimmediately protest, citing that they have had an exclusive on bizarre racingwith antique designs for years.

1998 Manufacturers rise to the challenge and reduce weights in"competition" models to the point where they are useless in bothrough and calm water.

1998 Pleasure boaters adopt all of this crap and put it to use in PokerRuns.....

2001. 38' Whiz bang barrel rolls in Atlantic City injuring passenger. Boat hasVee bottom with Steps. Other people report similar mishaps all over the U. S.(World?).

2001 Ray Hunt spins in his grave.