Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Chicago, When are we going to get some boats together? >

Chicago, When are we going to get some boats together?

Notices

Chicago, When are we going to get some boats together?

Old 07-24-2002, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago, When are we going to get some boats together?

Is there anyone up for a Fun Run up to Racine or North Point or maybe a run up the Indiana shoreline into Michigan? Any sugestions on good places to eat with plenty of room to tie off a bunch of offshore boats. What is a good date or dates for everyone? I'm game for just about anything.
Dan
Old 07-24-2002, 12:13 AM
Registered

I'm game...In about a week or so.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:22 AM
Registered

Mark,
It would be a great way to break in some motors. Anywhere you'd recommend going?
Dan
Old 07-24-2002, 12:23 AM
Intolerant1

How about an Ilinois River run. More places to stop and nicer water for rafting up. My boats slow but we would be happy to meet up with you guys some time.

Old 07-24-2002, 12:26 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Tracy and I were on the lake up in Milwaukee Sun. Man was it hot. Went down to Racine for a few hours. Anchored in the break just south of the marina. The was an older flat deck styled Cig and a beautifully painted Fountain also anchored there together. Sandy botom and the water was just great. Wouldn't mind hanging out there again, rafting up with a bunch of OSOer's. We'll follow this thread and see what most people want to do.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:34 AM
Registered

Intolerant1,
You should come out on the "Big Puddle" and play. There can be some nasty days out there. Just look for light southwest winds and lake is beautiful. My boat's no rocket ship, for now, unless I screw up over a big cruiser wake. It's a lot of fun out here. I actually run the Calumet River out to the Lake. I would be one of the River Rats. What part of the Illinois River are you on?
Dan
Old 07-24-2002, 12:45 AM
Registered

ActiveThunderTodd,
My Wife and I went to the Gary Air Show Sunday. It wasn't that hot. We were a mile offshore. It was so calm we just floated. When we got back into Chicago the heat was nasty.

Racine has a nice restaurant. I wonder if they would be receptive to a bunch of offshore boats. There weren’t too many guest piers near the restaurant last time I was there. Do they have a wall we could raft a bunch of boats off? If not the rafting idea sounds good. Do you know anyone that owns a great restaurant that could supply food?

Dan
Old 07-24-2002, 01:01 AM
Intolerant1

WE boat on the big lake all the time. Mostly out of South Haven Michigan. Just did 300 miles on the water while traileriung port to port from here to Ontario Canada. The problem with this side of the lake is theres not much to do. I love the lake but Im a three (going on four in about 6 weeks) back surgery guy. If its rough I cant risk the injury. Next year Ill let her fly though.

Old 07-24-2002, 01:11 AM
Registered

Chris,
Nothing worse than a back injury. I'd stay off the lake too. If we did a river run where would be a good place to start? How are the launches?
Dan
Old 07-24-2002, 02:18 AM
Comanche36SS

I would be interested in something like that if we got a decent turn out.

Quick Reply: Chicago, When are we going to get some boats together?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.