Old 07-22-2002, 06:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down Total BS

IN BRIEF / CASTAIC LAKE
$10-Million Claim Filed in Man's Boating Death
From Times Staff and Wire Reports

A $10-million wrongful-death claim has been filed against Los Angeles County by the widow and stepson of a man killed in a high-speed boat crash on Castaic Lake.

Kenneth Lane, 41, of La Crescenta was one of four men who died Jan. 11 when the 30-foot boat they were testing flipped over.

Janet Lane and son Christopher Prescott made the claim against the county, which has jurisdiction at the lake, saying that speeding by high-performance boating companies was tolerated by authorities, said attorney Jonathan Cole. A spokesman for the county counsel's office could not be reached for comment Tuesday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-22-2002, 06:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, I really can't improve upon your assessment, so I'll reitterate:

Bull****!
Old 07-22-2002, 06:43 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a link on the Hot Boat site under cats to the news paper article. Provides a bit more info.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:55 PM

And If she wins! I will Guarantee speed restrictions and a whole new outlook on performance boats on lakes, They did it on a lake in Northern NJ, They now have a 40mph speed limit and no noise from open exhaust. After a few High Speed accidents they felt the need to put Laws in place!! :confused

Last edited by Shanghied Again; 07-22-2002 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Shanghied Again
And If she wins! I will Guarantee speed restrictions and a whole new outlook on performance boats on lakes, They did it on a lake in Northern NJ, They now have a 40mph speed limit and no noise from open exhaust. After a few High Speed accidents they felt the need to but Laws in place!!

That lake always had a 35MPH speed limit. They looked the other way when HTM was testing boats out there. I got pulled over one time out there and was doing about 65MPH and he just warned me. In all the years I've been out there, they never really inforced the speed limit unless you were being unsafe or there was some other reason for stopping you. Just my experiance.
Old 07-22-2002, 08:12 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is total BS. Kenneth Lane wouldn't have been in the boat if they were going for a 35 mph ride. He wanted to see they high side of 100. If they had been enforcing on that lake they would've found another one where they didn't. People have to take be responsible for their own actions. I thought he was best friends with the HTM people. How can this suit go on with out dragging them in?
Old 07-22-2002, 08:29 PM
Intolerant1

So if the cops hand out tickets their a-holes, and if they let a company doing business good for the community and boating break the law, thier also a-holes. Biggest problem with this country...oh, make it planet.....

NO ACCOUNTABILITY

Its always someone elses fault.

Old 07-22-2002, 09:30 PM
Registered

i agree with you to old
Old 07-22-2002, 09:58 PM
INCOGNITO

Default HOW!

HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY BLAME ANYONE IN THIS SITUATION..THESE WERE GROWN MEN NOT KIDS THEY KNEW WHAT RISKS WERE INVOLVED WHEN THEY JUMPED IN THE BOAT THIS WAS IF IM NOT MISTAKEN A 30 FT PROTOTYPE CATAMARAN WITH THE CAPABILITY TO ECLIPSE THE CENTURY MARK.IF ANYBODY THINKS THAT ANY BOAT IS PERFECTLY SAFE AT THIS SPEED THEY ARE VERY WRONG.ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN,UNFORTUNATELY IT DID AND REGRETABLY WE LOOK FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME WHICH IN THIS CASE WOULD BE THE CITY,BUT WHAT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND IS THAT IF THIS WOULDNT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED AT THIS PARTICULAR LAKE,THEY WOULDVE FOUND ANOTHER..IT IS A TRAGEDY YES ,,BUT IT WAS AN ACCIDENT NO ONE WANTED THIS TO HAPPEN..JUST MY .02 CENTS..

Old 07-22-2002, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They were trying to break 150 mph -- the day before they did 140 something. I think it is total bull**** that they are trying to get rich at someone else's expence. Yes I agree that it is a terrible loss but why is it always someone else that is to blame. If I choose to go rock climbing and fall it is no one's fault but my own. He got into that boat on his own accord. No one made him. But can you believe that only one of them had a life jacket on.

Quick Reply: Total BS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.