Pet Peeve's while on your boat? >

Pet Peeve's while on your boat?

Notices

Pet Peeve's while on your boat?

Old 04-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Strangers asking for rides. At the boat show or something is expected. At the local watering hole and I've never met you... hummmmmm.
Now that would depend on what she looks like!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TC G
People that don't bring a stern anchor to the sand bar at Torch Lake. Then they take a walk and let their boat swing around into everyone else's.
That never happens at Torch!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes big pet peeve of mine to is when they don't properly anchor there boat. It happend a few time last year to me at tourch lake. I was about to start throwing fist a few times with drunk idiots.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have not read all of the post, but a good majority and have not seen one major peeve!
NAIL POLISH! Wow that crap is hard as hell to get off the seats and hatch!

There are many on here that can go with just about anyone who owns a boat.
But the hardest to deal with is just the basic wipe down and clean up after back on the trailer.
Yea a lot of people slip, but on the Midwest lakes and rivers there is always a grime on the boat once back on the trailer, and the quicker you get it while wet the easier it is.
Several people just say Take it to the car wash! Well not the easiest thing to do.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Registered

Nail polish SUCKS> i agree.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
X2. Boating is about hanging with family and friends. If my son spills something on my boat I'll clean it up big fu$king deal. Monetary items are replaceable memories aren't.
It always cracked me up when people chose to drive down the gauntlet at LOTO in party cove where it is impossible to not get sprayed and then would get upset!!! I told my crew to get ready to wipe the boat or we were not going thru it. Seems pretty self-explanatory!
Old 04-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TC G
People that don't bring a stern anchor to the sand bar at Torch Lake. Then they take a walk and let their boat swing around into everyone else's.
OK, new to this and haven't even anchored at a sand bar let alone get the family out.

How does one anchor at the sand bar politely? I get it, with an anchor. Or two. Is there protocol on how far out as a maximum you should set the anchor so someone does not idle over it?

Should you always have a spike or auger anchor? Drop the front anchor, back a bit and hold the stern with an auger?

What is correct? Of course, this only matters if my boat runs this summer. Yeah, kind of off topic.

Brian
Old 04-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer01
It always cracked me up when people chose to drive down the gauntlet at LOTO in party cove where it is impossible to not get sprayed and then would get upset!!! I told my crew to get ready to wipe the boat or we were not going thru it. Seems pretty self-explanatory!
One of the reasons I do not go thru the gauntlet anymore. Not into being sprayed with pi$$-water!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by befu
OK, new to this and haven't even anchored at a sand bar let alone get the family out.

How does one anchor at the sand bar politely? I get it, with an anchor. Or two. Is there protocol on how far out as a maximum you should set the anchor so someone does not idle over it?

Should you always have a spike or auger anchor? Drop the front anchor, back a bit and hold the stern with an auger?

What is correct? Of course, this only matters if my boat runs this summer. Yeah, kind of off topic.

Brian
Most do a front and rear anchor if they care about there boat. The auger anchor works great for the stern if your on the swallow part of the bar, also just as good for the front so you don't have to mark your anchor so there is no toe stubbing. On the westside and or riverside gets deep quick so reg anchor would work best. There is no wrong or right I feel just as long as boats are not bouncing of one another. is what you will hear if they do.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

1) People who Bring 10 People on thier boat yet the owner is the only one who can back in the trailer and load the boat. Had a sitiuation like that last year at the ramp. I was sitting in the truck with the trailer while my brother was out in the no wake waiting , the guy at the ramp asks me if i could swing around so the guy behind me could get loaded up because he was tied to the dock and his 10 passengers are no where wo be found. I told the guy at the dock i will have my oast loaded up and up the hill before him and hil old lady start arguing on how to put the boat on the trailer. I did what i said and actually beat another guy up the ramp that was backing down 5 mins earlier. 2) as far as the gas thing goes i am like alot of you the offer is nice but i am going out with or without you. I do appreciate when some one brings food or beer or pays the launch fee or buys me lunch. All is appreciated. It took me a year and a half to redo the boat so most of my friends who boat with me are the ones who spent alot of time working on it so i dont expect anything from them when we go out due to thier help during the project.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.