2 New 500ci. motors underway >

2 New 500ci. motors underway

Notices

2 New 500ci. motors underway

Old 04-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 New 500ci. motors underway

At the beginning of last year I decided to have our 2-N/A 454 engines freshened up for the summer. Well long story short one motor ended up fine and the other lost oil pressure after about 3 miles on the lake of just cruising. Come to find out as well the motors were mismatched. One engine had a totally different set of heads and one engine was internally balanced and the other externally balanced. So after some research and looking in the classifieds as well as members on here having great results I decided to go with Whites Racing Engines in Tennessee to have them totally rebuild both engines from the ground up. Both engines are getting Forged internal parts, There own set of Matching Aluminum Heads, New cams,etc. Everything will be new and matching. All new Mercury Marine Blue Powdercoating/ Paint,Engine Dynoing for assurance and leak checks. I dropped off the engines last week and Mr. Fred gave me a shop tour as we talked. A great bunch of people and very knowledgable as well. I am not to worried about all out HP as much as I am reliability. Nothing worse than getting to lake and having engine troubles.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Registered

I have different circumstances, same outcome. My motors supposed to be back in boat for tuning on the lake next Wed-Thur. Got the best of the best, 900 HP ~1100 ft lb.

If your putting in forged parts, why not supercharge? More $$$, but you are already spending a small fortune!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Registered

You will not be disappointed with Whites engine. Fred is a great guy and has a good crew. They are doing my boat engine as well should be taking delivery next week.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Is that the place that sells all the Chinese stuff? Pro comp heads, Chinese imported distributors, rods, etc?

I don't know anything about the place as far as engine building goes. Hope it works out. Keep us posted
Old 04-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by mild thunder
is that the place that sells all the chinese stuff? Pro comp heads, chinese imported distributors, rods, etc?

I don't know anything about the place as far as engine building goes. Hope it works out. Keep us posted
yes joe that's the place that advertises all over ebay..the place on ebay said they have nothing to do with white performance but when you google their addy you can see white performance rite next door if you do a birds eye view lol..
Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TahoeRick
I have different circumstances, same outcome. My motors supposed to be back in boat for tuning on the lake next Wed-Thur. Got the best of the best, 900 HP ~1100 ft lb.

If your putting in forged parts, why not supercharge? More $$$, but you are already spending a small fortune!

I am going to have the boat painted at the end of this year to give it a more modern look so I don't want to go to crazy on the engines.

Originally Posted by 88VILLAINiii
You will not be disappointed with Whites engine. Fred is a great guy and has a good crew. They are doing my boat engine as well should be taking delivery next week.
Awesome! I already cant wait to get them back.lol
Old 04-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 88VILLAINiii
Have they built engines for you in the past?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Have they built engines for you in the past?
To clarify there are 2 white performances in Kingsport TN. They are 2miles or so apart. I know this because i went to the wrong one my 1st time out there, I said "hi I'm here to see FRed about an engine you are building for me", the lady hesitated and the said "you are at the wrong place, but can I help you?" I respectfully declined and walk out side, that's when I realized in small letters above the sign it said Skip white racing engines, these are the Procomp head etc guys. whites may sell them too but i know that's not whats in my build... As for my engine this is the first from him but I personally know 3 people with his engines that have been running them with no issues.

i hope to have the same results they have had.

Last edited by 88VILLAINiii; 04-25-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Registered

http://www.skipwhiteperformance.com/
THE PICTURE OF THE BUILDING ON THE WEBSITE IS NOT THERE BUILDING ITS A WAREHOUSE STYLE WITH I SMALL SIGN AT THE ENTRANCE
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Registered

http://www.whiteperformance.com/

THIS IS FRED WHITE. WHO IS BUILDING MY ENGINE AND HOPEFULLY THIS GENTLEMAN'S AS WELL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.