Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My transom assembly install woes continue!!!!! >

My transom assembly install woes continue!!!!!

Notices

My transom assembly install woes continue!!!!!

Old 07-24-2002, 10:10 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My transom assembly install woes continue!!!!!

Well, I think I have enough material ground, drilled, and filed out to get it on (you will recall the drive reseviour fitting dilemma from yesterday). But hell if I can lift it and get it lined up alone. With the motor still in the boat and the inner plate in the boat, it's really hard to get everything lined up and bolted up. I need 4 hands!!!!!!

Tinkerboater, if you can swing by after work tomorrow, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll call you.

Bolt it on, re-align the motor, bolt the exhaust back on, and I'm ready for the water this weekend. BUT I need some help!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 10:26 PM
Registered

Sounds like your doing better then yesterday foul You know If i was closer I would be your right hand man! I have been working on the boat all week... lots still to do before we take off monday... started her up today and everything is great.. hopefully gonna run it sat. on the saginaw river maybe...

Good luck mike! I know one of those nice guys will help ya over there...

Travis
Old 07-24-2002, 10:30 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What is that Travis you said you will use your right hand on his what????
Old 07-24-2002, 10:32 PM
Registered

I knew you would chime in on that you trailer queen biiioootchhhhh
Old 07-24-2002, 10:32 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

The minute I read traviss's post, I just KNEW someone would make a comment. Leave it to you Jon to be first!!! LOL!!!

Travis, keep your hands to yourself you punk!!!

By the way traviss, our poker run is August 7. Get the day off, get over here, and ride with me on the Foul. Or, bring the Problem Child and run with us!!
Old 07-24-2002, 10:33 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Hey waterfoul I am not sure what the problem is hear? You are just trying to put on the outer assembly correct? The transom assembly and the ring and other houseing on the inside of the gimbal correct? DUDE that is all alluminum. This is how I did it. I took and and got it in place then used a jack to hold it there. Neccessity is the mother of invention. Take the boat and back it up to the house then take a piece of wood to hold the housing in place while you jump to the inside and tighten everythign down

Jon
Old 07-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Travis I am not sure what you are talking about my boat has not been on the trailer for a couple weeks now

Jon
Old 07-24-2002, 10:35 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Took longer to grind out the material than I thought it would. It's pretty hard aluminum. (damn, there goes the smoke alarm. Dinner must be done!!). Anyway, It got dark on me and I just couldn't do it alone......oh jeez....I almost gave you more amunition. Anyway, too dark to align it myself.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:38 PM
Registered

Thanks mike.... We'll see how it my schedule is.. we get back from cumberland late monday the 5th.. I have that whole week off, but I don't know what the parents are doing.. I'l have to see if dad will let me borrow the truck it all hopes on if problem child stays together all week in cumberland.. (cross your fingers) he wouldn't even let me pull my own boat home sunday night Maybe I'll come and jump in the foul long as me ghetto ass truck still has a clutch in it ( yes I have not fixed that yet ) LOL!! You gonna take holly with you on the run? I will let you know what I'll be doin...

Travis
Old 07-24-2002, 10:39 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Off to the Depot to get the electric sun's 14 bucks and you can annoy your neightbors with them I had mine all aiming at the transom. The temps dropped 20 degrees while I was glassing and the resin was not cureing fast enough. So I put all the lights I had on it to get it to cure. Worked the balls. Tomarrow I will lay some more layers of glass in there and then the top layer will go on on Friday. Should be it for glass work at that time. Then I just need my bro to sand it perfect for me and then smooth it out. If the Primer showes up by Friday I will be in primer by the end of the weekend. Then it has to sit for a bit then to paint

Jon

Quick Reply: My transom assembly install woes continue!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.