Notices

Crash at DS.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Patience...myass
The guy clearly doesn't need to be driving anything more than a pontoon with a 40 on the back. After watching the second video that could have been way worse. He clearly didn't know how to operate the boat at that speed or he is just a reckless driver.
Bingo-we have a winner.Over on riverdaves some one posted that this guy was banned from ever participating in a poker run at lake cumberland due to reckless driving last year.Obviously had DS organizers knew this-he would have been banned there too as they have a cooperating agreement where as banned at one -banned at all.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Registered

Since this is how the boat was trimmed out when it was pulled from the water, it might explain why he wasn't turning...
Old 04-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
Since this is how the boat was trimmed out when it was pulled from the water, it might explain why he wasn't turning...
If it's true and those drives where at that level of trim. That boat would be so loose and hard to correct direction at that speed for sure.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Registered

It did flip upside down. I bet the drives moved at least a little from where they were.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scooter
If it's true and those drives where at that level of trim. That boat would be so loose and hard to correct direction at that speed for sure.
Ive seen several of the pics/vids of the DCBs and they seem to like to carry the bow pretty high, just a observation, I could be mistaken.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crossett
It did flip upside down. I bet the drives moved at least a little from where they were.
Hydraulics have a real good way of keeping themselves in place.

I'd wager it had more to do with the "oh-my-holf-fuc&ing-$hit-we're-gonna-die" hand maneuvers.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by hp500efi
your 100% correct....and not just the driver that crashed...there were about a half dozen driving stupidly!!...only one crashed...videos don't lie....
How were the others running stupidly? Just because they were driving faster than say you would? A Lil close ya maybe, other then that what was the problem? Wide open lake/river & good conditions.

Who buys a boat w/ 2700+hp to go 50mph? Who enters a poker run for a leisure cruise? Yes it's obviously not a race, but having a Lil comroderie & bragging rights is a facet of every day life in almost everything. This country has became so uptight about every little thing any more it's sickening......
Old 04-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Glad the guys are ok....it's nice to learn a lesson without losing a life. If the driver is a hazard hope he gets banned for good....his maneuver looks very questionable but their could have been mechanical issues. God Speed
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
I'm sorry . But from that angle All I can sa is what a #ucking moron! Unless he had the throttle stick and the steering cable break at the same time. He cut the guy off at the rear of him too. He had tons of room to keep his line going down the center of the "river" .
WOW THAT WAS INCREDIBLY STUPID. Holy ****, who the **** goes a 160 20 behind another boat.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 PM
Registered

Pause the clip at 2:56. Who is pinching who there? It appears from the video, which I understand only gives us a limited view, that the boat on the far right is pinch the three boats on the left. There appears to be open water to the right side of the lake at that time while there is a boat going the opposite direction on the left along with the spectator fleet. The boat on the right seems to be pinching the three boats on the left side. Thoughts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.