Colledgewood Skater 388 Takes ‘Best In Show’ Award at Desert Storm

Notices

Colledgewood Skater 388 Takes ‘Best In Show’ Award at Desert Storm

Old 05-02-2013, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Gary's Cats.................

Here are some other cats that Gary owns now, 36 Eliminator w/Teague 1335's, 40LE Skater w/Mercury Racing 1350's.........Gary is a very accomplished driver, He has owned and currently owns quite a few hi-performance boats. Gary's 388LE has a top, no seat belts, it does have air but it's a/c and he has an escape hatch on the floor. As far as the trim??? Gary drove the 40LE all by his self last year in the DS kilo, he doesn't need help at all. Gary and Pete in the boat running Desert Storm Kilo..............priceless.
Attached Thumbnails -big-cat-1.jpg   -dsc05578_pse_edit.jpg   -36-college6.jpg  

-skater-40ls-5.jpg   -skater-40ls.jpg   -skater-40ls-6.jpg  

-skater-40ls-7.jpg   -skater-40ls-9.jpg   -skater-40ls-1.jpg  

Old 05-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 1,323 Likes on 739 Posts

Any interior pics of his new one?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Mike, I think you have misunderstood Gary's experience in boating. This is not Gary's first, second or third catamaran for that matter. Gary has raced all types of flat bottoms, V's and he pleasures his Catamarans. He has sufficient experience to trim the boat but as the old adage says. "What's the other guys to do" so Peter volenteer'd to trim the boat during the run and this was not to mean that Gary could not have done so himself.
Excellent addition, Rik.

I think to assume that Mr. Colledge's quote, “And he showed me a few tricks with trim. He trims it to a certain level to bring up the boat and get it going, and then at 100 mph he trims it down a little" means he is "just learning" to drive the boat is a big leap. It's a pretty vague quote on which to draw that kind of conclusion. Trim settings are almost infinitely variable, and a touch one way or another makes a difference. Maybe the "touch" Mr. Hledin used was different than what Mr. Colledge uses. Based on the quote, I'd say that's a reasonable and logical conclusion.

Beyond that, as I said before, I don't think you can draw any conclusions about Mr. Colledge's experience—at least from his quote. As for any extra safety equipment in what is in fact a canopied boat, I have no idea.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up 388LE cockpit pics............

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Any interior pics of his new one?
Not very good but they are cockpit pics. Not your typical Skater lay out........ Right side driver, right hand throttles. Room to walk around, it really opens up the cockpit.
Attached Thumbnails -securedownload-11.jpeg   -securedownload-13.jpeg   -securedownload-14.jpeg  

Old 05-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Mike, I think you have misunderstood Gary's experience in boating. This is not Gary's first, second or third catamaran for that matter. Gary has raced all types of flat bottoms, V's and he pleasures his Catamarans. He has sufficient experience to trim the boat but as the old adage says. "What's the other guys to do" so Peter volenteer'd to trim the boat during the run and this was not to mean that Gary could not have done so himself.
Ya what Rik said
Old 05-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Teague on Trim, Anyone who holds in the trim button is a fool, The proper procedure is the "Tap, Tap, Tap". (From one of his PBM articles)
Old 05-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
Not very good but they are cockpit pics. Not your typical Skater lay out........ Right side driver, right hand throttles. Room to walk around, it really opens up the cockpit.
Are u saying my pics aren't very good? Not cool buddy!! I should sue for not givin u permission to post my pics!!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what happens if this canopied boat (with no seat belts) rolls like the dcb did?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,067 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
Teague on Trim, Anyone who holds in the trim button is a fool, The proper procedure is the "Tap, Tap, Tap". (From one of his PBM articles)
Gorgeous boat and amen to that !
Old 05-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
I deleted my post, its just not worth it. I remember why I don't post stuff on here. LOL

for the record I was not attacking Peter or Gary, I just asked a question that his quote brought up. Apparently the wrong question since everyone got so defensive.

To answer Daddy's question- I think if the same thing happened to this boat there would most likely be loss of life. There is a reason enclosed boats have restraints and aux breathable air. Just like there is reasons cars have seat belts.

Lets just get back to being positive and not asking tough questions.

Mike

Last edited by Cat & Mice; 05-02-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.