Longest Cruise with an offshore

Old 07-11-2002, 03:25 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longest Cruise with an offshore

Cigarette Bullet (31')
Three years ago left Marinette WI across lake Michigan to South Fox Island
then to Makinaw then up through the Soo lock to Munising MI and returned. over 1200 mile ten day vacation.
One of best vacations ever
Does anyone else use there offshore as a cruiser
Old 07-11-2002, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not exactly an extened cruise but we left Louisville yesterday afternoon and had dinner in Cincy. Made it back for lunch today. Spent the night on the river near a gambling boat. 240 round trip, those damn 12 volt coffee makers do not work!
Tim T.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:27 PM
Bayley

Marinette to Munising... wow, that's a haul.
How big of a boat was this? Also, what was the procedure for getting through the locks? I've always wanted to make a trip through the locks, but have yet to find the time. I'll be up in Houghton in a few weeks and would like to do either Marquette or Isle Royal from Houghton. Marquette is a little further, but more protected waters. Although... there ain't much on that main land between Baraga and Big Bay.

Longest trip I've ever done was Metro Beach (Lk St Clair) to Cleveland in a day. Burned up 108 gallons out of the 110 gallon gas tank. Yeah, not one of the smarter things I've ever done. I guess I should have left that Baja alone on the way down.

-Bayley

Old 07-11-2002, 04:27 PM
Registered

I think I might have the record for the shortest cruise !

I wanted to take the girlfriend to dinner on the boat but was running kind of late so we dropped in the boat at Blossom Heath, which is between 9 mile and 10 mile in Jefferson just north of Miller marina. Well we decided to have dinner at the Beach Grill which is about a 1/4 of a mile south of Miller .
Total mileage on the boat couldn't have been more than a mile !
We could have saved at least an hour buy just driving to the Beach Grill ... we actually had to drive by it to get to the launch !
Old 07-11-2002, 04:34 PM
Registered

26scarab, a true powerboater.

Same for me, restaurants and tiki bar are maybe a mile from my pier. But its a rule, never do you ever go to dinner and the tiki bar by land.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Friend of a friend drove his 412 Formula from NJ to Florida and back last year. Never heard too much about the trip other than "Never again."
Old 07-11-2002, 05:01 PM
Registered

over 1200 mile ten day vacation
Man Klaw what the F. was your gas bill that month. Sounds like the best way to spend 10 days though.

Does your cig have broken light purple stripes on the sides. If so I believe I have seen it on the chain O mistakes and at the stergion? bay poker run last year. Looks good.
Old 07-11-2002, 05:33 PM
AC
Registered

Buy a cruiser!

AC
Old 07-11-2002, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I've seen and ridden on klaw's Bullet (last year)- it's an incredible cabin for a 31' boat, and a great riding hull to go with it. We talked about his trip too- one I would like to do some time! One thing for sure, this Bullet rarely sits still!

Cruisers may have more amenities, but the ride sucks compared to an offshore

Gary- still hope to get together with you for a run out of Winthrop when I bring the AT home from MI! Saw you go by us when we were spectating at the SOTW- boat looks great!
Jim
Old 07-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default It's not Lewis and Clark, but...

I'm planning a Norfolk-to-Philly trip for Labor Day week. Counting side trips up various rivers in the Chesapeake Bay, we're looking at 700 miles in nine days. It's a 382 Formula with A/C, TV/VCR, hot/cold water and a generator, so I expect the comfort level index to be pretty high. Unfortunately, I expect the gas bill to be pretty much the same.

Anyone else want to tag along?

Quick Reply: Longest Cruise with an offshore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.