It's back.......06 TG, former submarine >

It's back.......06 TG, former submarine

Notices

It's back.......06 TG, former submarine

Old 05-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyin-Bryan
I had a 24'Checkmate I/O that sank in salt it sat overnight,floated it up towed it to the ramp,drained the engine,added fresh oil,hosed it all down with the garden hose,replaced the battery and fired it up,ran it for two more seasons without even a flicker in a dash light and sold it for a bigger boat.and I have seen other boats floated up and run also,as long as you flush it right away Your fine its when the air gets to it and it sits is when the real problems happen.
Ok...... But the boat was cared for the next day and you didn't gamble 150k on it. This went through an insurance salvage place (probably sat around 60-90 days from sinking to sale) and who knows who worked on it.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Ok...... But the boat was cared for the next day and you didn't gamble 150k on it. This went through an insurance salvage place (probably sat around 60-90 days from sinking to sale) and who knows who worked on it.
So I take it by this thread you are not interested in the purchase of this boat?
Old 05-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
So I take it by this thread you are not interested in the purchase of this boat?
Not me!

I just recall the seller was being a d!ckhead about this boat a few months back and disclosure wasn't his motive.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

so how much different is a boat that sank or a boat that sat on a lift in florida its whole life?? cars rot from the top down from all the salt in the air down there. any salt water boat wether it sank or not over time will develop gremilns! unless it was stored in a bubble
Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyin-Bryan
I had a 24'Checkmate I/O that sank in salt it sat overnight,floated it up towed it to the ramp,drained the engine,added fresh oil,hosed it all down with the garden hose,replaced the battery and fired it up,ran it for two more seasons without even a flicker in a dash light and sold it for a bigger boat.and I have seen other boats floated up and run also,as long as you flush it right away Your fine its when the air gets to it and it sits is when the real problems happen.
Glad yours worked out. So let me ask this- did you sell the Checkmate as previously having been sunk and how much do you think that affected the sale price?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Glad yours worked out. So let me ask this- did you sell the Checkmate as previously having been sunk and how much do you think that affected the sale price?

How do you flush electrical stuff? Gauges, wiring and such?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
so how much different is a boat that sank or a boat that sat on a lift in florida its whole life?? cars rot from the top down from all the salt in the air down there. any salt water boat wether it sank or not over time will develop gremilns! unless it was stored in a bubble
I agree 100 percent. I've seen boats that were stored in climate controlled warehouses their whole lives, and sank once.

I've also seen boats that have sat in a rack, in salt air their whole lives.

I can tell you the boats that spent their whole lives in a building and went under once, look a hell of a lot better than the boats that spent 24 hours a day for X amount of years rotting on a lift.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to be a newb, but could someone link me to the original incident where this boat submarined? I'm in the market for a boat in this pricerange
Old 05-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Registered

Received 4,308 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I sent in my resume but now I know who beat me out of that Craiglist Police position, way to go Juniper Son sation
Old 05-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Salt water boats suck to work on wether they sank or not. The stain"less" even needs replacing to make then nice. Over the past 3 years my shop has seen more and more slat water boats coming north and the headaches they bring with them. We had one from NY 2 years ago that we had to use a sawzall to remove the engine from its mounts. Giving any kind of estimate on tear down time can leave you short on $$$$ and plan on restoring or replacing EVERTHING thats no plastic or rubber.

This mount was from a boat "only used in brackish water"
Attached Thumbnails It's back.......06 TG, former submarine-dsc01201.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.