Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   It's on!!!!! Thanks Tinkerboater!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29590-its-thanks-tinkerboater.html)

Waterfoul 07-25-2002 09:06 PM

It's on!!!!! Thanks Tinkerboater!!!

Well, we finally got the transom assembly bolted on my boat. Tomorrow after work I'll put the exhaust back on, adjust the shift cable, and hook up a few wires and be good to go for the weekend!!!! Only issue I still have is that I seem to have lost the gasket that goes around the water passage between the drive and the bell housing. I'll get on tomorrow and call it good!!!

Thanks Steve, couldn't have done it without you.:D

And thanks for all the OSO support this week. Kept me going. It's been a bad couple of weeks (truck, boat, job) and it's people like all of you that keep me sane!!! Thanks!!!!

Mike

Time for a shower. Mad do I stink!

dyno 07-25-2002 09:15 PM

Way to go Mike!!!!!hope things take a turn for the better!hope to see you on the lake this weekend.I'll be your chase boat if you chase me!!!!just kidding
Don

traviss 07-25-2002 09:17 PM

Man mike thats great to hear... you didn't need anymore trouble this year ;) The water passage should just have a o-ring to seal it... get one and your set...

I am sure my little lady and I just called it quit's.. So why don't you find a me a nice older sugar momma for me if I make it to the poker run... :D :D

Travis

Tinkerer 07-25-2002 09:42 PM

Mike I have a gasket and will drop it off tomarrow morning on my way to Holland. I will put on your swim platform.

Travis -- sorry to hear about the break up.

fred 07-25-2002 09:51 PM

Good job guy's, hope to see you this weekend running the "Foul"....Fred

later 07-25-2002 09:58 PM

the part that has me concerned is We're the ones that keep you sane. just kidding hope all works out for you and we'll see you at loto at the shoot-out
later
dave

Audiofn 07-25-2002 10:04 PM

Later I have to agree with ya there :D:D

Foul good to hear ya got her going back together. I finished blassing all the holes up in my boat this evening. Just one more eveing of grinding and glassing and she should be ready for prime!!!! :D:D

PhantomChaos 07-25-2002 10:25 PM

I am dumb, and yet I still am following this project!!!!!

Question: What is a transom assembly, and why replace it? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Tinkerer 07-25-2002 10:30 PM

The transom assembly is the part that bolts onto the transom and then the outdrive bolts to that. Mikes gimbal ring broke and had to be replaced. Was easier to replace the entire assembly rather than just the ring and Mike got a good used one for cheap.

And the help was cheap also.:D

Audiofn 07-25-2002 10:57 PM

Tinkerboat. You make sure that biatch is over at your house pollishing your boat ASAP :D:D

Jon