Notices

Noise police are a drag

Old 07-25-2002, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Noise police are a drag

I just got in from a ride in my Top Gun. I was stopped by the Green Police and read the riot act about excessive noise

The Game Warden said he has the authority to pull my fuse that allows the mufflers to be disabled! He said he was sick and tired of all the complaints about me. and I am not out much as I am busy working. He even asked what do I do for a living to afford a boat like this!

What really pisses me off is that where I live the sea planes run from early morning to night fall and no one complaines about the noise from them,and they probably louder than most performance boats.

I really hate this unjust harrasment and don`t know how to deal with it I am a very safe boater and obey all laws of the road on the water. I also live on the water and watch the idiots that are dangerous to themselves and everyone around them get away with breaking every rule on the water!
Old 07-25-2002, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like Sabego and Lake George have the SAME COPS!
I have been known to tell the pig that it is people like me that can afford this type of boat that pay his salary and I vote and have politcal clout! I have also asked the officer for his or her name, rank and badge number. When they ask why I just tell them I have the right to have it and it usually scares them off. they think I know too many people and ay be able to pull some strings. Done that two or three times after being harrassed like you were and it is funny how I am never bothered any more!

Last edited by Shane; 07-25-2002 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:45 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently since the Green Police are "sick and tired of ALL the complaints", not everybody shares your opinion . I feel your pain. I bought a ticket for $43 on Winnipesaukee a few years back. They aren't bothering us in NJ that I know of ,YET. Although the law does state we are required to have mufflers.
I now have a Formula with Silent Thunder...the mellow rumble actually starts to grow on you.When you get back , you're not horse from yelling at the person three feet away from you
Old 07-25-2002, 10:01 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that totally sucks kurt. I guess all the mayhem over they years from others has finally caught up. I wonder if that is why that dude with the quad step is getting so discouraged. I thought the last time you talked to the guy he said it was all good???? Or is this a different guy? What ever. Maybe they should spend more time in the river busting the a-holes that are erroding it by coming down there practically on plane!!! Or the guys on the river that fry up it WOT DRUNK off thier arses and can not even remember doing it the next day!!!! What the one time a day MAYBE these jerk offs can not deal with!!! Man that pisses me off. You know what it has nothing to do with the noise it is all a bunch of jelous people that have nothing better to do with thier time. Do they break out their cell phones every time a loud Harley goes bye??? No probably not. Partly because they are probably affraid and partly because they could care less about a bike!!!!

Maybe we need to take on the moto of boaters. LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!!! Get them mufflers fixed ASAP and at leaste that way you can do the idle in and out of the rivers quite. I am on it to help if you need it. If my boat keeps going as well as it has been I could possibly make the trip up there this weekend. So get that hose and I will bring my wireing bag of tricks.

Jon
Old 07-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Biggus, In New York they can write you a ticket for having mufflers that "can be disabled". What are the laws in Maine concerning noise levels? If you are legal and just being harassed, the Shane approach might work. Of course Shane DOES know almost everyone who matters at the lake.

Shane, how come you never get nailed for speeding on the lake?

mopower, concerning your tag line - I used to think there was no such thing as too much power but then this year I put a Whipplecharger on my 502 in my 24 Progression . . .

Come to think of it I still believe it.
Old 07-25-2002, 11:53 PM
checkmate981

I was kind of harassed by the LGC for about 30 minutes a couple of years ago.They couldnt get me at idle due to he had no yard stick.Made me due drive byes on plane (I Tucked the tabs and putted by at 20 mph) and came around to him.He said he would let me go due too I treated him with respect even though I failed and didnt give him I hard time and if I got stopped agian to mention his name and he said I was ok?The only nice LCG guy I ever came across.
Dave

Last edited by checkmate981; 07-26-2002 at 12:01 AM.

Old 07-26-2002, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I am going to meet with the warden today and discuss the situation. I can`t really say he was being an a-hole, he was very professional but stern. What frys my butt is that there are a whole lake full of idiots that actually need policing, not busting my balls for having a big loud boat.

Kurt
Old 07-26-2002, 08:09 AM
Deltoid

Biggus, that really sucks. I agree that the seaplanes in Brandy and Long Lake are a bigger noise problem. I don't think I've have gone down the river once without seeing some A-hole beating the crap out of the shore and docks, and yet I have never seen any of them harassed.

Old 07-26-2002, 08:27 AM
Registered

Originally posted by laster
Biggus, In New York they can write you a ticket for having mufflers that "can be disabled". What are the laws in Maine concerning noise levels? If you are legal and just being harassed, the Shane approach might work. Of course Shane DOES know almost everyone who matters at the lake.

Shane, how come you never get nailed for speeding on the lake?

mopower, concerning your tag line - I used to think there was no such thing as too much power but then this year I put a Whipplecharger on my 502 in my 24 Progression . . .

Come to think of it I still believe it.
Morning Laster! You and Ronnie headin' up this weekend? I will be sanding and painting the gear cases on the Skater Saturday and going to Sacandaga to meet up with EvilTwin and GRH on Sunday. Stop by on Saturday if you are up. Kristen will not be coming up this weekend

As far as speeding and not being bothered, I guess I just pick and choose when and where I go fast wisely Knowing a few people doesn't hurt much either.

Hope to see you tomorrow. As always my door and dock are always open for you and Ronnie.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

he biggus you just need to move to loto! they love us.
later
dave

Quick Reply: Noise police are a drag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.