Notices

Kentucky Lake Boaters

Old 07-18-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Kentucky Lake Boaters

Thinking about headin' this way in three weeks. Been to Cumberland several times. Want to try something different.

How long of a trip from Columbus, OH? Anything I should know about the lake, hazards and so on...? Where are the good spots to hang out? What is the water like there? Where is a good place to put in at.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.
Mike
Old 07-18-2002, 04:11 PM
Boating Fool

Don't know how far from Columbus but it is 3 hrs (not towing) from Louisville, KY.

As far as the lake goes. The water is good and clean. The lake is a swallow but right now you can run just about anyway. There are also two channels and that run down both sides of the lake that are well marked. The center of the lake is the swallow part right now. Runs about 7-10 to deeper right now.

I would definitely stay up at the northern part of the lake (dam). The two best places to put in and stay would be Kentucky Dam village (marina) or Moors.

The Rock Quarry is our little party cove. It is the quarry that they used to build the dam and then it was flooded. It is straight across from Moors. Also you can head south to TN and go to some bars on water. It is about a 45 min boat ride (cruising around 50-55). Two places that we usually go to, Eagles Nest and Fat Daddys. There are some others that I haven't got to check out.

Check out www.kentuckylake.com for more info on lake, lodging, etc.

And one piece of advice, have plenty of cups on board. Water patrol does not like to see shiny cans.

Let me know if you need more info. There are few others on here that can add some info I'm sure.

Old 07-18-2002, 04:36 PM
Registered

Boating Fool,
Thanks. I can be in Cincinnati in 2hrs. Probably 7 hr drive for me???
Old 07-18-2002, 04:49 PM
Registered

If your wanting a good lake to run you should try Dale Hollow...Its deep and big and very seldom crowded. Several different marina's with cabins and campin and all that stuff. Its not a big party lake like some (cumberland) but is very quiet. I've been to most lakes in KY....and I find myself heading there every time
Old 07-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Boating Fool

KY Lake is really not that busy of a lake. Just the northern part, 68 bridge to damn and down around Paris, TN are busy. From 68 bridge to Paris bridge is about 25-30 min ride. You will do good to see 10 other boats in that area. The east side is still LBL, so are those coves are still in their natural state and the most beautiful. I haven't got to go in them, but they look the best if you are wanting to get away from everyone and just float around.

Old 07-18-2002, 10:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

We did it from Columbus several years ago and it was about 450 miles to Turtle Bay Marina.

Nice lakes, more like rivers than lakes.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:39 PM
Registered

Buddy of mine just bought a Fountain from Pier 57 and they had him on Pickwick lake all day hanging out, going to the bar/eating....etc....... He said he loved that lake, 75 miles long.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:42 PM
Flood

That's Green Turtle Bay Marina

Old 07-18-2002, 10:58 PM
Flood

If you like to party stay at Moor's, we come off the water from 10:00pm to 1:00am. Then it's the golf cart races at the marina. The marina doesn't like it, but we can out run there carts and I think that's why they don't like us. It's all in good fun. There is a pack of about 20 to 30 boats that run together, boats are baja's, sonic's, fountain's, magic cat's, sunsation, etc. all are 25' to 45' it's a good group of people to run with if you like boats. If you our coming let Boating Foul, Mama tried, our me know, so we can tie up.

Old 07-18-2002, 11:07 PM

Hey Flood, don't forget there are few of us Formulas in there to

Quick Reply: Kentucky Lake Boaters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.