Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hats Off To Boating Parents! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29661-hats-off-boating-parents.html)

Magic Powers 06-18-2003 08:19 AM

I don't have a boat right now, but I yelled at the kids yesterday just thinking about the trauma of getting them all set for a day of boating. Maybe we can bring them out one weekend just so you can get a feel for it.........What do you think Midnight?

Dave M 06-18-2003 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Get a boat, it will keep you and the kids happy.

ScottB 06-18-2003 09:17 AM

My one year old daughter grins from ear to ear the faster I go,
Its great.

PS I only go fast in dead calm water for a few seconds while she is on board

GregP 06-18-2003 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My daughter goes out with me more often than anyone else. She is 8 now, started her out at 9 mo's. You should have heard the fit she threw the time she was sent to her room by her mother and I fired up the boat to go out. Could hear her over the exhaust.

She loves the "go fast" zone and hates the "go slow" one. She is a big reason behind the step from the Z-29 Donzi to the F-402. The Donzi would run just as fast in waves (can't call the bay truely "big") but was too rough to take her with me. The F-402 rides over the waves just like cruising down the highway.

One of my favorite old photos, have to get an up to date one.

She decided last week when we went out that she is now tall enough that she no longer needs the milk crate to stand on in the bolster. She gets the front seat ... everyone else is relegated to the back <LOL>.

-Greg

GLH 06-18-2003 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
His line is "Faster Papa! Faster!" and it's his boat he named it.

HyperBaja 06-18-2003 10:41 AM

I dont know how my parents have put up with us...

IceAngel 06-18-2003 10:53 AM

Sean and I took our 3 year old Kaylin out on an Apache in pretty rough water, I was scared out of my mind but she kept laughing and saying "Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy", as we were coming out of the water. She has that daredevil edge, and she can't wait to race, her favorite movies are the Freezeframe Videos. Can't wait to see how the new one reacts to it in a few years.

Terra

cardoctor 06-18-2003 01:18 PM

my two girls grew up on boats when i had my slow boat
the use to run around in the boat in a walker
one day my 6yr old tooka test in school
the question was where would you find a boat
the answer in the test was in the water
my daughter answered at the marina
the teacher laughted so hard she had to call my wife to tell her

where else can you take your kids and have great quaility time

cardoctor

Phantom1 06-18-2003 01:18 PM

Boating kids

1 Attachment(s)
As shown below, my son started out with pretty "simple" boating aspirations. He used to point to one of the men in the boat and say "that's you Daddy" then point to the other and say "that's me".

Phantom1 06-18-2003 01:20 PM

Boating kids

1 Attachment(s)
............. now his aspirations have changed, and it may get a little more expensive. See below-