Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My list..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/296922-my-list.html)

mptrimshop 05-24-2013 01:06 AM

My list.....

Well I filled out some paper work today to see what kind of money I can get from my credit union and the loan officer told me things look to be good. I have a good chunk to put down and they claim they can get me a great rate.

So here is my list

Pantera 28 twin black motors
Powerplay 28 twin black motors
Sunsation 288
Donzi 28 scorpion

Will consider for the right boat
28 pantera single
Donzi 28zx
Kryptonite 27/29
Super boat 30ft
Fountain 29
Nordic heat

I drive a F150 so I want to go as big as I can without having to buy a 250/350. As far as price I'm not nailed down yet on a budget. It something I fel I need to be as open as possible on. I be leave its best to by the right boat the first time and if I can't afford to get a good one..... I'll just wait. I will say I'm %99 I'm not going to spend vet 50k and would really like to be well below that, So if ya feel I have any holes in my list toss it out there. I will be doing %90 of my boating 3miles from my house on a river, but would like to go to LOTO once a year and toss it on Lake Michigan on the right kind of day. I have no problem waiting till next year as that's when I really planned on buying.... But the lady at the bank has really got my wheels turning.

92nsx 05-24-2013 08:04 AM

A fellow boater her in MN, has his Donzi 28 zx for sale. He brought it last spring and brought it back from lake havasu. Cleanest boat ever!, It ran 69 mph in rough water with the 350's (prob a low-mid 70's mph boat). Has been garage keept since new (heated in the winter). It is at the top of your price range, but something to look at.
28 foot Donzi 28zx performance boat twin 350 mpi mint! red/black/white,

I also have tons of photo's of it, click on photo
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c..._VIDEO0020.jpg

Gladhe8er 05-24-2013 08:24 AM

A couple boats you may want to add to your list based on what you already have listed:
28 Saber
28 Active Thunder
30 Activator

One you will want to delete:
29 Fountain - You'll get your ass kicked in this boat in that water.

88bullet 05-24-2013 10:06 AM

check your email

Sydwayz 05-24-2013 11:10 AM

As much as I suggest a twin engine boat for the fact that 99% of the time, you can always get home on the other engine...

1) Twin engines in that size boat are usually VERY hard to work on,
2) Twin engines in that size boat are going to be the tail wagging the dog behind 1/2 ton truck.

Good luck with your search. It's a good time to buy.

mptrimshop 05-24-2013 11:28 AM

I will keep that28zx in mind

If I were to find the right 29 fever I would just be ral carefull on what days I brought it on lak Michigan .....like I said I do most of my boating on a river that a 29 would be more than fin for..... And it would really have to be the right boat for.

As for my truck I think an Eco boost will be my next truck and if I have to I will get a f250 gasser. The river is at most 5-7 min from my house where I will keep the boat..... And if I find the right 33 PP or something along those lines ill just pay to keep it at the Mariana and use my truck to pull it on the triller and unhook and leave it there.

mptrimshop 05-25-2013 02:00 PM

This is prob the worst time of the year to be looking.

state1310 05-25-2013 03:46 PM

25 28 or 32 AT

mptrimshop 05-25-2013 08:22 PM

I would love a 28 or 32 AT ....more a 28 and those seem hard to come by.

Nightlife1970 05-26-2013 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 3931076)
As much as I suggest a twin engine boat for the fact that 99% of the time, you can always get home on the other engine...

1) Twin engines in that size boat are usually VERY hard to work on,
2) Twin engines in that size boat are going to be the tail wagging the dog behind 1/2 ton truck.

Good luck with your search. It's a good time to buy.

1. Well compared to a single yeah it's less space to work in. But what twin setup besides a stagger is not tight.
2. Don't agree at all. My Avalanch has no problem pulling my 280.