Notices

32 Sunsation Innovator

Old 07-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Bayley

The workmanship of this new boat, is truly mind numbing. Of course, Wayne isn't 100% complete with the boat yet. There were still a few odds and ends that needed to be finished up before delivery, but his goal was to introduce the new boat at the Rally. In fact, I would have to guess that the majority of the people there didn't even notice the unfinished items (mostly trim stuff in the cabin). Joe and Wayne both said that they still have a little bit of "tweaking" left to do on the bottom design. Either way, it's a fast hull. Maybe a couple of MPH faster than the lighter Dominator. During the Rally, I was able to reel in Joe with the "Poker Runs America" Dominator (with HP's) a little better than I could against the Innovator (also with HP's). I got a really sweet 5 second video of me very slowly catching up to the Innovator on the last section of the morning run. Neither Joe or Wayne really ran flat out for more than 30 seconds or so. I seem to remember Joe's famous last words at the drivers meeting that morning: "This is NOT a race, folks!" Well then, there were a lot of us that weren't racing.

-Bayley

Last edited by Bayley; 07-29-2002 at 08:55 AM.

Old 07-29-2002, 08:59 AM
Bayley

One more thing,
There were a lot of people talking about the new SS396 (new 40 footer). This is a huge interest with everyone (owners and the factory) that was there. The Boy's plan to debut the new 40 footer at next year's Rally. The original goal was for the Feb. Boat Show down in Miami, but I talked to Denny and he said that didn't look like it was going to happen.

Oh well, the Innovator was worth the wait. I'm sure the SS396 will be no exception.

P.S. Chuck, did you happen to pick up a new snowmobiling partner?

Old 07-29-2002, 12:38 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally

Man that rally was the best!!!!Boy did Joe have a heavy hand or what .He had a pace of 60-65 mph (or higher).We were in the 93 teal and black 32.My co-owner won the Grand Prize in the raffle a nice 31'' hdtv .Are luck must be good because 2 years ago at the last rally I won the grand prize, a full leather Sunsation jacket .The Innovator was great looking ran hard and fast. Wayne (who rode with the new owner) told me he needs to tweak the bottom, but it had a good 3-5 mph over the Poker Run America Dominator with same power(500 HP's)and the Innovator is 1000 lb's heavier.The rally looked a lot like this (me )(wife )
Attached Thumbnails 32 Sunsation Innovator-dominator322-2-.jpg  
Old 07-29-2002, 01:59 PM
Bayley

Just got done uploading a few picture from the event. Feel free to check them out:
Sunsation Owners Rally 2002

Old 07-29-2002, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bayley ,
Unfortunatley I only talked to her that one time

Just think If I was able to hook up you would be seeing me in a new Sunsation !! I won't switch to Arctic Cats though.. I've got to draw the line somewhere !!