Notices

It's ALIVE!

Old 07-29-2002, 01:23 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats Cord

Hopefully with some luch we can see you and the new rocket at the Shootout??
Old 07-29-2002, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did the custom Lightning header for my Pachanga because I wanted to keep the stock tail pipes that exit at the far sides of the transom under the platform (rear corners). My headers angle to the corners instead of going straight back so I don't have to use all the 90 bends. I believe they charged me an additional $400 for the custom bends and the paint.

Todd
Old 07-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yes, they are actually almost reasonable. But of course you're still getting a steel header. Mn-I'm kinda hoping so. I've been so busy with work and the boat, that I havn't even stood up to see if I can make it. Right now, I'm not sure if the truckster can do it. I'm losing power and as a result it's really sucking the gas.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:56 PM
Brad Perry

I wanna see pics!!!

Old 07-30-2002, 12:46 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I just finished a roll of 24. Took it to the 1hr place for developing and realized that it was SLIDE! Hopefully, I'll be able to salvage prints from the roll, because just about my entire project was on that roll!
Old 07-30-2002, 09:23 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cord they can make your slide into prints and also put them on disk for you. Good luck.

Jon
Old 07-31-2002, 02:26 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

This ain't good. Lightning isn't sure if they can build the headers. The problem is in the height of the existing tips. We can make the body of the header taller so that it has enough fall to prevent reversion. That just means I need a new hatch because they are now above the transom. OK, I can deal with that. The biggest problem is the rear header (the back shelf) of the boat. It comes forward and is right up to the distributor and slightly above. With the top of the header being so high, it needs to fall at a steep angle and then kink horizontal to meet the tips. Think of a S pipe used when the tips are below the water. The only thing is that my tips are mounted above the rub rail! The kicker is that a full custom header has a 3 week lead. The boat will be ready to run this weekend, but with no exhaust, there is no way I'm going to make the shootout.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:15 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Cord, for the shootour, perhaps some one can loan you a set of bassets and you leave the hatch off?????
Old 08-01-2002, 08:51 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I was actually thinking of using a set of zoomis.

Mike-this is how tranom assemblies are supposed to be pulled! The time to disconnect the hydraulic lines, linkage and to pull the assembly was only 20 minutes. The reinstall time was only slightly longer.
Attached Thumbnails It's ALIVE!-transom-assembly-oso.jpg  

Last edited by Cord; 08-01-2002 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:56 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

This is the engine bay after pulling the transom assembly. This was taken around 7pm. By 9:30pm the engine was installed. I have to thank Rod for staying late.
Attached Thumbnails It's ALIVE!-engine-bay-after-pulling-transom-oso.jpg  

Quick Reply: It's ALIVE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.