Notices

Hey EWB & BajaMag!

Old 07-28-2002, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hey EWB & BajaMag!

Nice meting you guys yesterday! You've both got some beautiful boats. I'll keep my eyes open for you guys in the future.

Bajamag - I don't know if that's still your screenname? You've got one hell of a ride. I know how you're feeling about it. Take your time. When I was new with mine, I took it out alone in the morning and just ran it at all different speeds, took turns, accelerated and decelerated to get used to it. Seemed that when I was alone I paid more attention to what was happening.

I know at first it was "work" to force myself to take it out and keep "pushing the edge" of my comfort zone. I admit it, I was afraid of the boat! I was never unsafe. It's just that the cat felt so unnatural and I doubted my ability and the boat's handling sooooo much that I didn't think I'd ever get it down. Seat time is the solution.

I used to fly planes and compare learning my cat to getting my twin-engine pilot's license. Both seemed near impossible until you get enough seat time. Then it becomes second nature and everthing that is happening seems to slow down. You know what to expect and know how the boat will react in each situation. You'll get there too, if you push throught the learning stage.

I doubt Profile would be able to sell so many cats if they didn't handle and perform well. Don't worry you're gonna love it, I'm sure!

I'll trade you rides if you ever want to compare handling if you want.

Anyway, nice seeing you guys. Be sure to "Keep this side down"!
Old 07-28-2002, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its a 28Profile cat(or any cat in that range i would imagine) I would just take it slow and dont get discouraged, it is a very sweet boat and you will have tons of fun in it.

When I took a test drive in the 28Profile I couldnt take it about about 75mph without messing up somehow and I wouldnt dare try to turn at that speed. Dealer got in it and took it right up to 101mph. We hit a huge Trawler wave at about 85 or so and I was about to crap my pants but he kinda just skipped over it, got a little air born but landed it perfectly.

But just like jbrauer said, seat time is the key. It took me almost a whole summer to learn to drive my old HydroStream, but once i did it was so much fun.