Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Can I have a ride in your boat? What do you say? >

Can I have a ride in your boat? What do you say?

Notices

Can I have a ride in your boat? What do you say?

Old 07-29-2002, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Waterfoul ,
Can I have a ride ... do you think you can scare me ?!!?

People have asked for a ride...actually recently. I cruised by the Sunsation rally( had some friends in it) and took a bunch of Sunsation guys for a 78.9mph ride . I even smoked a 35 Fountain for them ! These were some people that I had met on a previous poker run.
Normally I don't like to take people that I don't know for a ride .
Old 07-29-2002, 12:25 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have told a few people no, and got the one finger salute as a responce once... Could not believe that one...But her.. no question... she would be in the boat
Old 07-29-2002, 01:35 AM
Coddigtion

I have this theory.... If I am out, and running around and there is an open seat, people are welcome, that is if I know them or a friend knows them etc. Strangers that know friends, boat owners, etc are always welcome for a ride, that is if I am already going out and there is an open spot. I figure it cost me as much to opearte this thing with just me in it or six or seven people, as long as I am not preocupided, or have a preplaned party or something.

On the other hand... If there is a pretty lady on the dock asking.... The boat is going for a ride and not many other ppl are going with me!

Old 07-29-2002, 09:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default The ultimate ride

Back in 1997 my friends were trying to plan my bachelor party. Everyone knew I loved fast boats, but unfortunately none of us had one. My best man decided to walk the local docks and ask around about people that owned fast boats. As luck would have it, someone actually gave him a name to contact.

Not only did the owner of this sweet 38' Cigarette Flat Deck agree to take out four complete strangers for a ride ----- he took them on a Poker Run! To this day, I still talk about what a great day it was and how it was the ultimate bachelor party (OK, so after the Poker Run we went to Scores).

Who was the guy that committed this random act of kindness? I believe you all know him as DJD. Definitely one of the coolest guys I have ever met.

Thanks again, Dave!
Old 07-29-2002, 10:12 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Think that in Turbo's instance I would have been declining the request. However, I think that anybody else is welcome on my boat. And no guest will ever buy gas. After all they are a guest, not a customer. And no YOU CAN'T DRIVE!
Old 07-29-2002, 04:12 PM
Registered

MNfastboat,
Have you still not sold your boat?
Old 07-29-2002, 04:52 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 942 Likes on 473 Posts
Cool

How about these:

The boats empty...if you feel like filling the 150gal tank i'll gladly take you for a ride!

If i give you a ride i have to give everyone a ride...(hopefully theres more then just you and the person for that one! LOL)

I dont know you...why would i give you a ride?

If you fill the boat with HOT women i'll take you out all day! (Then proceed to leave them at the docks at the first bar you stop at! Actually seen it happen!!!!! )

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-29-2002, 05:38 PM
Eric1969

I do not reply very often, just do alot of lurking because I am not in the "offshore" style, YET!!!!!!

I have seen alot of awesome looking boats in the last 2-3 months and have even spoken to a couple at the docks. I don't know who it was, but after about a 30 minute conversation with a particular person, someone with a 29' Baja asked me if I wanted a ride. The guy didn't even know my name or anything about me (I obviously, at that point, introduced my self). I told him I very much appreciated the offer but I would decline b/c I had my 4yr old son with me. What a cool jesture on his part. I am sure to run up and down Lake Lanier in Georgia would run him a "few" dollars. If I would of accepted, I would of paid at least for gas.

As a somewhat outsider looking in, alot of the boats ya'll own are nothing like people have seen. I saw TONTO towing his Apache one time and it looked like a frickin' 100' boat out of the water. My son and I just stared at it for the longest time.

My point? Don't be annoyed or bothered by people asking for rides. Be proud. You have something that is awesome and people who are total strangers ask for rides. Personally, that is asking alot of someone, but that is my opinion only.

I have never had anyone ask for a ride in my Four Winns, but if they did, I would probably take them for one.

Just some thoughts.

Old 07-29-2002, 05:46 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally posted by Eric1969
My point? Don't be annoyed or bothered by people asking for rides. Be proud. You have something that is awesome and people who are total strangers ask for rides. Personally, that is asking alot of someone, but that is my opinion only.

I have never had anyone ask for a ride in my Four Winns, but if they did, I would probably take them for one.

Just some thoughts.

Nice thoughts Eric1969

Cord makes a good point also, no guest of mine will ever pay for gas either. If I can't handle the gas bill for this boat, I have no business owning it.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I try to take them if i can......I have a ball just watching there
faces . Somebody was nice enough {or prick enough}to start all of us out

Quick Reply: Can I have a ride in your boat? What do you say?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.