Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Unfortunately our OSO brother Anders "A.O. Razor" has passed away. >

Unfortunately our OSO brother Anders "A.O. Razor" has passed away.

Notices

Unfortunately our OSO brother Anders "A.O. Razor" has passed away.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts
Unhappy Unfortunately our OSO brother Anders "A.O. Razor" has passed away.

I am sad to inform you that a good friend to the OSO community has passed away. Anders Olsen, “A.O. Razor”, age 38, suffered from ongoing injuries related to a car accident about a year prior.

In April 2012 while driving home from visiting some friends in Hamburg, the right front brake rotor on their Porsche failed, causing the tire to lock up. This resulted in a loss of control; the car hit a barrier and flipped, then slid into the opposing guard rail, where the B-Pillar and roof of the driver side were crushed in. This section was unrestricted and they were traveling around 225km/h (140mph). Luckily no other vehicles were involved due to light traffic on the Autobahn.

Anders suffered a head injury, broken ribs, and other complications. His wife Sarah suffered a concussion, a broken arm, a broken leg, and lots of bruising. She has since recovered fully from her physical injuries after long hours of physical therapy. Anders was slower to recover, but seemed to be making progress. Then in December of 2012 he suffered from a brain hemorrhage due to his previous injuries. It seemed like he was getting over that, but still had trouble with balance, headaches, tiredness, and typing on the keyboard. Then on this past Thursday his health drastically got worse. He was admitted to the local hospital with signs of a stroke in the brain. The next day he lost the battle. Anders asked Sarah to inform everyone that was important to him, including his friends from OSO.

Anders and his wife Sarah have been together since 2002 and were married in July of 2006. They live in Denmark and enjoy traveling together. When not running their corporate healthcare business, Anders enjoyed spending time with friends and family on their 2004 42’ Sea Ray Sundancer. They both share a passion for speed and thought there was no better place to be than on the water. He was a caring husband, that spent everyday making sure it was a good one.

Anders was looking forward to healing and another great summer boating. He had big plans to order a new Outerlimits Powerboat powered with Ilmor 725’s and Arneson Surface drives. Most of you can recall the passion he has for the Arneson Surface drives. I have some good memories where Anders and I tag teamed our strong opinions about Arnesons to fellow OSO members! It takes a special person to touch so many of our lives from half way around the world.

Sarah told me “Please enjoy your boats and cars to the fullest, I know Anders did not pass away thinking slowing down was the answer”.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family

Rest in Peace Anders 10/13/1974-05/31/2013
Old 06-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God speed.....
Old 06-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Condolences to his wife and family.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Just horrible... Godspeed
Old 06-02-2013, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Another good guy done gone. Happy Trails.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-02-2013, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

So sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences to family and close friends. I'm sure he will me missed.

Bob
Old 06-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Godspeed
Old 06-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

He will be missed.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Registered

Rest in peace...
Old 06-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Registered

Rip...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.