Finally launched...trouble times 3 What fun >

Finally launched...trouble times 3 What fun

Notices

Finally launched...trouble times 3 What fun

Old 06-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally launched...trouble times 3 What fun

This is the latest I have ever launched the boat. Nice michigan weather. On the way to my marina from my business which is about 3 miles...noise then smoke from the trailer, bearing. Get to the marina and tire is about to fall off. Lets get the boat off the trailer and deal with that later. Battery is too weak, only 3 years old. 3 attempts with the jump box and it starts. Oil pressure good,its pumping water battery charging. All is good. Let it run for 15 minutes and take off. Steering gets real tough then the alarms go off, temp is about 178.
Stop, shut it down and open hatch to find belt is off. Ok its just a belt. Belt isnt broke which means something made it come off. Water pump pulley is locked up. Called my friend and got my first tow in 12 years. What a fun first day. Thanks for listining to me whine, Much smaller problems than many people have I know. Now I have to fix the trailer to get the boat out and fix it. Guess I need a water pump, any ideas? JC
Old 06-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update, spindle is jacked, found an old guy to repair it for now. After finding out you have to replace the axle on a torsion. Found a hardin pump 15 miles from my house. Michigan motors. Not the car motor guys. Got the pulley from my last pump put on. Now I may have to do it in the water since the trailer isnt done. Pump Looks like a nice piece. Found a slip ring broke and the shaft extended out of the pump causing the belt to jump.