Notices

How's Kaama doing????

Old 07-29-2002, 07:56 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How's Kaama doing????

Hey Mark !
Hows the Thunder coming? going as planned?call if you need a hand with something........
Don
Old 07-29-2002, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Hey Dyno! Well, we're almost there. Two of us worked on it for 5 hours yesterday and just about have most of the battery rewiring wrapped up. We also installed the trim pump motors and have those all wired up as well. We also installed new Guest battery switches yesterday. Teusday, we plan on having all the battery rewiring finished. That way we can try all the drive trim and K-plane motors and should have the ignition boxes, bilge pumps, coalesent fuel filters and engine hatch actuator/pump mounted and working.

I would think it should be running by this weekend perhaps---but the way things have been going with it I wouldn't hold my breath!
Old 07-29-2002, 09:40 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear it Mark!!!!the family and I are off to the Great White North this weekend so I wont be able to attend the Maiden Voyage....I hope all goes well.
Old 07-30-2002, 06:28 PM
Registered

Well, the starboard engine is ready and plumbed as far as we could get it until we actually install the engines in the boat. Port side will be finished tomorrow. We've got that KE front mounted Thermo Filter bracket installed and it looks pretty hot with all the braided areoquip lines and fittings----a little busy looking, but nicely done. Tonight it's back out to my shop to install the rest of the battery cables and hook up the bilge pumps, hang the sea strainers and mount the hatch actuator. I would say that we'll be ready to install the engines by Thursday if all goes well tonight. If anyone wants to stop out at my shop and take a peek you're welcome. My cell # is: 291-7932
Old 07-30-2002, 07:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kaama,
Are you going to try and make it down for the Thunder Run in Oct?? Would love to see what you've done on your boat.

Todd
Old 07-30-2002, 10:17 PM
Registered

Hey Todd!

I probably won't be down for the Thunder Run-----not that I wouldn't like to, but I am so stinkin' busy with my business right now and it will be that way until it gets cold----that usually doesn't happen until mid November. Also, Floirda is okay, but honestly I would much more prefer taking my boat out west like Havasu or Newport Beach in California. I can NOT stand the humidity in Florida and I get enough of it on certain days up here in Michigan. It may be hot in AZ or CA but at least it's DRY heat!

Sorry about rambling on-----anyway, it would still be nice to run into you up here somewhere on the Great Lakes or somewhere close by. You want to see my boat eh? I think I would be kind of embarassed for you to see my boat! I still have a ton of work to do to it. Next year I hope to have it reupolstered and the deck painted. I always thought it would be a pleasure meeting you and I would also like taking a peek of your boat as well.

Thanks for the response,

Mark/KAAMA