Notices

LOTO Shootout question.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts
Default LOTO Shootout question.

Doing final booking on the hotel today (Camden on the Lake) and since it's my first time I figure I would ask the experts.

We are staying for 3 nights......what's the best way to enjoy the most of everything from boats, the shootout, to the street party?

Thurs, Fri, Sat, and drive home Sun.

or

Fri, Sat, Sun, and drive home Mon.

For work the Thurs - Sat with coming home Sun works best but I am not sure how much shootout do I miss leaving Sunday. Really want to make the first trip up a fun one.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say you want to be at LOTO all day Friday and Saturday so you want to have the room for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by E Dock DD
I would say you want to be at LOTO all day Friday and Saturday so you want to have the room for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

This also works best for work with us. I saw the shootout is shorter on Sunday.....Just wanted to make sure I am not missing the "big" day if I leave Sunday.

Now I need to book a place to watch. Has anyone done that Celebrity Cruise ship at the finish line? With us bringin no boat I have to guess this is the next best thing. We are younger (31 me, and GF 27) so we enjoy a good party and show for the races.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Doing final booking on the hotel today (Camden on the Lake) and since it's my first time I figure I would ask the experts.

We are staying for 3 nights......what's the best way to enjoy the most of everything from boats, the shootout, to the street party?

Thurs, Fri, Sat, and drive home Sun.

or

Fri, Sat, Sun, and drive home Mon.

For work the Thurs - Sat with coming home Sun works best but I am not sure how much shootout do I miss leaving Sunday. Really want to make the first trip up a fun one.
I have been attending and participating in the LOTO shootout for many years. This will be the 25 year anniversary for the LOTO event. The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout is the largest unsanctioned boat race in the United States and has been voted as the number 1 boat race/shootout in the Country by the Powerboat Magazine Readers for the last two years.

It has clearly evolved to an event that covers the entire week( 10 days this year). The Dam Street Party is on Wednesday evening, The Poker Run is on Friday, and the Shootout festivities are on Saturday and Sunday. So ideally you would consider lodging from Wednesday to Sunday ( or Wednesday to Monday)

Camden on the Lake is at the 7 mile marker, and the shootout is about 25+ miles by water from where you are considering lodging. Camden on the lake is a great social location, and has outstanding docks for parking.

Hope that helps you make your plans for this event,,,,,

Doc J
Old 06-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
I have been attending and participating in the LOTO shootout for many years. This will be the 25 year anniversary for the LOTO event. The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout is the largest unsanctioned boat race in the United States and has been voted as the number 1 boat race/shootout in the Country by the Powerboat Magazine Readers for the last two years.

It has clearly evolved to an event that covers the entire week( 10 days this year). The Dam Street Party is on Wednesday evening, The Poker Run is on Friday, and the Shootout festivities are on Saturday and Sunday. So ideally you would consider lodging from Wednesday to Sunday ( or Wednesday to Monday)

Camden on the Lake is at the 7 mile marker, and the shootout is about 25+ miles by water from where you are considering lodging. Camden on the lake is a great social location, and has outstanding docks for parking.

Hope that helps you make your plans for this event,,,,,

Doc J
I have heard Camden is a bit off the path but has lots of good hardware there at the docks, the skater fest (if I recall), and the bar/frog place next door.

Being younger we will be out at night so want the upbeat area....not looking for anything quiet about this trip. We have no prob catching a cab to Captin Rons for a boat pick up to watch the races. If there is something nice and better please by all means let me know. We just want to be in the mix and having fun the whole time.

The hotel let me book Fri & Sat so far and said I have time to call for Thurs or Sun so I did that. We booked a Lake View suite to see some action on the water while having a beer on the balcony.

Like I said.....next is getting a good view of the shootout and a fun one too.

Thank you for the Reply and info. I appriciate it being a first timer I am going in blind.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

The big numbers almost always get posted on Sunday. Saturday is the bigger "party" day in the spectator fleet. Wednesday is the street party. Not much going on Thursday. With having no boat, I would plan to drive to Dick's or Captain Ron's on Friday to watch the boats coming in from the poker run. Then plan on Dog Days Friday evening for a bit.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
The big numbers almost always get posted on Sunday. Saturday is the bigger "party" day in the spectator fleet. Wednesday is the street party. Not much going on Thursday. With having no boat, I would plan to drive to Dick's or Captain Ron's on Friday to watch the boats coming in from the poker run. Then plan on Dog Days Friday evening for a bit.
If not much going on Thurs then that might work perfect. GF wants to stop by in Nashville and maybe stay the night there Thurs....wake up WAY early fri and hit the road for LOTO.

Def want to check out captin Rons so that sounds good for Fri...just looked up and says about a 30min drive/cab ride.

Sat do the shootout and then that place next door to the Camden.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 06-11-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not a local and could be wrong but I believe it's much loner than 30 minutes and a cab maybe very difficult to find at any price. Check MidWestParty.com for locals.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skate
I'm not a local and could be wrong but I believe it's much loner than 30 minutes and a cab maybe very difficult to find at any price. Check MidWestParty.com for locals.
I just used google maps and put in for directions from camden to Captians and it said 31min. Don't know much more than that.

If we can't cab or take a water taxi there I will just pass on it. i know we will have a few colds ones through out the day and i wont risk It. So if personal boat or car is the only way to Rons at night. It might be a no go.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

I'll be there, see u there Nate. I'll be with the big skater boys from the left coast!!

Last edited by precisiondetails; 06-11-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.