Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Factory class raceboats, one off "specials" or stockers? >

Factory class raceboats, one off "specials" or stockers?

Notices

Factory class raceboats, one off "specials" or stockers?

Old 07-31-2002, 09:01 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Ryan
Hows it goin? Been meanin to come up but its been too damn hot. I'll wait till fall when it cools down a bit. Prob then the gulf will be too nasty.
I know we discussed this spacer thing, but I dont feel like droppin the drive to see if it works. And then having to pull it apart again if it dont. I may try the lead thing and if that seems to help I may go further..provided I dont sell the boat.
Dan
Old 08-01-2002, 07:14 AM
Offshore Addiction

The lead does help and if you place it as far back as you can that is the trick. The Warlocks love the weight in the back. We had a lead bar and bolted it in- never had any problems with it.

Old 08-01-2002, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Where is Gordo on this Thread? He has a Factory 1 boat that he has been known to stay on at the races!! But heck that was back a couple of years ago when Twisted Stix was a 38ft Scarab with a full cabin including A/C, And Theresa would break out the Dirt Devil from the cuddy to tidy things up before a race!! ( I saw it with my own eye's and still don't believe it!)

Back to the Topic, Gordo built his boat with a full Cabin including Cushions and upholstery and a back seat, which at the time was to be in place (at least the seat base). Also back then you were not suppose to touch your bottom! (Blueprint) But now thing's have changed, I dought you could stay the night on a new Factory boat and be comfortable!

Don't get me wrong, if I had the time and money I would be in Factory 2 doing just like Eric said, tinkering with every small detail just to try and get a little more performance out of the boat!

Treadwell, good to hear that your going racing again soon!!
Old 08-01-2002, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kokapelli,

you will have plenty of water pressure with high water pickup. you only need about 10 -12 pounds. anything more hurts the motor and you will eventually blow a head gasket. low water pick ups give to much pressure.

Treadwell
Old 08-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funhome,

back in those days it was just me and bob racing. in the middle of the raace we would pull over and tharesa would serve drinks.

Treadwell
Old 08-02-2002, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EIRC,
IT IS LATE IN COMING! BUT I WOULD TO THANKYOU FOR COMING TO OUR RESCUE IF IT WASN'T FOR YOUR HELP MY BOAT WOULD PROBABLY STILL BE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ATLANTIC OCEAN!!!!!
I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK AND YOUR FRIENDSHIP!!
IF AT ANY TIME I CAN HELP YOU PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL ME!!!!! ELIMINATOR WORKED AROUND THE CLOCK TO GET US READY FOR BENICIA WE FINISHED THE BOAT AT 5:30 SAT. MORNING! WE HAD SOME ELECTRICAL GREMLINS BUT FINISHED THE RACE!!!
YOUR FRIEND,BRIAN SCHIENLE
AMERICAN RACING #58
PS.I KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SUBJECT BUT I WANTED TO THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE HAD TWO WARLOCKS BOTH 29S THEY ARE GREAT BOATS
THE PRIMARY REASON CONSTRUCTION DIFFERS FROM PLEASURE TO RACE LAY UP IS SAFETY!!!!!!!! BALSACORE STRONGER THEN PLYWOOD,ADDED BULKHEADS=STRENGTH, NO CARPET= EASIER TO INSPECT!! SPENT MANY HOURS DIALING THESE BOATS I PERSONALLY DID NOT HAVE ANY LUCK WITH A 1" SPACER I LOST A SPEED.