Waterfoul, New Transom Assy. OK? >

Waterfoul, New Transom Assy. OK?

Notices

Waterfoul, New Transom Assy. OK?

Old 07-29-2002, 11:01 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waterfoul, New Transom Assy. OK?

Hey Mike, how did the boat run this weekend? I saw where you said you were out Sunday in some sweet rollers. Everything work OK? I stayed home all weekend because the weather looked so unstable. Sounds like I might have missed a good time.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:06 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Dude, it was some of the best boating I've done all season. And the transom assembly is working great (thanks LRS). Steers a nice straight line since Tinkerboater and I tightened up the steering arm. Launch off a wave and it lands nice and straight. No kick, no hook, no nothing except a nice smooth re-entry.

Only thing I broke all weekend was a shear pin on my starboard tab. Dual rams, inside one broke the shear pin (which is what should happen rather than breaking the entire ram off or breaking the piston inside the ram). I have some pins to replace it with, so no issue. 20 minute fix.

The weather on Saturday was good. A bit overcast, but nice and warm. Sunday was hot and sunny from about noon on. I got some wicked sun burn fishing with Tony and Deb. But I did catch a big fish!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:23 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Damn! I knew I should have went out. I did take a ride down to Gun Lake Saturday and stop at Premier Motorsports just to get a boat fix. Helluva thunderstorm on the way down there. It looked like it was gonna open up again all day long so I just decided to catch up on a few things at home and save some money, too. Every time the sun came out though, it was all I could do not to hook up and go. I'm ready for this weekend. The weather reports are all predicting sunny and 80's. Hope they are right. You gonna hang out in GH, get a slip? I'm sure I'll see you around. Glad to here all is well with the 'foul. It's time things went your way.

See ya, Doug