Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
394 ft yacht, 300mm build price and 24 knots that cost 20mm a year to run! >

394 ft yacht, 300mm build price and 24 knots that cost 20mm a year to run!

Notices

394 ft yacht, 300mm build price and 24 knots that cost 20mm a year to run!

Old 06-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts
Default 394 ft yacht, 300mm build price and 24 knots that cost 20mm a year to run!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...0,864702.story

Maybe money can't buy happiness, but $300 million can buy a floating palace where you can be miserable in staggeringly luxurious style.

That's how much the "A" cost, a 394-foot-long behemoth of a mega-yacht owned by reclusive Russian billionaire Andrey Melnichenko. Resembling a military sub — or futuristic star cruiser, or Bond villian's seagoing lair — the ultra-sleek and opulent vessel is named after Andrey and his Serbian supermodel wife, Aleksandra. It has been docked at Port Everglades for the past month undergoing repairs.

Melnichenko, 41, who made his fortune in banking, coal and steel, spared no expense — or ostentatious display — on the "A". Crafted by noted French designer Philippe Starck, the vessel's 23,600 square feet of living space contain a myriad of unique and lavish features.

There are walls covered in white sting-ray hides or hand-stitched calf's leather. One can relax in chairs made from alligator hides and Kudo horns. The 2,583-square-foot master suite boasts a revolving bed and retractable 60-inch television. Bath knobs cost a mere $40,000 each. There are three pools, one that can be switched from salt to fresh water.

Melnichenko is notoriously private and requires that all workers and crew — they can number up to 37 — sign strict confidentiality agreements. But in 2010, two years after "A" was launched, the Wall Street Journal wangled a tour. The paper noted the ship's Baccarat-crystal tables, silver-leaf staircase walls with $60,000 banister and ubiquitous floor-to-ceiling mirrors.

It even described the "nookie room," with its circular white bed, padded walls and ceiling mounted television.

Other amenities: three personal watercraft kept in a storage area that converts into a disco, and two 36-foot landing boats running $1 million each.

The "A" will depart Tuesday morning. And if it's in a hurry, lesser boats best get out of the way: Its twin-diesel engines can propel it at speeds of up to 24 knots.

An "A" List of Ultra Luxury:

Bomb-proof windows

$20 million annual operating cost

Baccarat crystal tables

Sting-ray hide walls

$40,000 bath knobs

$60,000 banister

Silver-leaf staircase
Old 06-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ELB...entry level boat....GDF I'm so poor.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

he's 41? . . . man, i gotta have a serious talk with my high school guidance counselor . . . .

reclusive huh . . . . . . yea, that'd be a good way to be inconspicuous
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 06-17-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was down for memorial weekend and we went right up to it....it's really unbelievable..

I have pixs on my phone I will upload.

Pat