Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is it with insurance companies?? >

What is it with insurance companies??

Notices

What is it with insurance companies??

Old 06-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is it with insurance companies??

As some of you know, I got laid off from my job of 10 years, in an industry that I have been in for 22 years(medical device MFG.) last week. Posted my resume EVERYWHERE. This is the third insurance company to contact me for what looks like a sales job. I have never done sales, unless you count the auto parts counter many years ago. Most of them are one's I never heard of, but this one is Aflac, I am actually considering following up on this one.

Hi Richard,

Regional Sales Coordinator for Aflac™, Joshua Buzzard, reviewed your resume and asked me to contact you to set up a time to meet about an open position with our company.

This would be the first of two interviews in our hiring process. At this meeting, Joshua will go over details of the position; including our business model, leads, compensation, training and requirements. Please contact me via email or phone to schedule your interview.

Thank you,

Rachelle Turner | Regional Administrator | FL-S/VI
American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus (AFLAC)
Tel: 561.536.0720 | Fax: 561.536.0721
1375 Gateway Blvd, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
[email protected]
Old 06-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
As some of you know, I got laid off from my job of 10 years, in an industry that I have been in for 22 years(medical device MFG.) last week. Posted my resume EVERYWHERE. This is the third insurance company to contact me for what looks like a sales job. I have never done sales, unless you count the auto parts counter many years ago. Most of them are one's I never heard of, but this one is Aflac, I am actually considering following up on this one.

Hi Richard,

Regional Sales Coordinator for Aflac™, Joshua Buzzard, reviewed your resume and asked me to contact you to set up a time to meet about an open position with our company.

This would be the first of two interviews in our hiring process. At this meeting, Joshua will go over details of the position; including our business model, leads, compensation, training and requirements. Please contact me via email or phone to schedule your interview.

Thank you,

Rachelle Turner | Regional Administrator | FL-S/VI
American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus (AFLAC)
Tel: 561.536.0720 | Fax: 561.536.0721
1375 Gateway Blvd, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
[email protected]
It is a funnel approach, hire as many as possible and keep the best of those that make it after a few months. You will need to get an insurance license at your own expense (weekend class, probably $700 total costs) and you will make minimum wage while you train then your commissions will get reduced for the minimum wages previously paid as a draw.

By hiring people from way different backgrounds they reach new clients ( aka your friends, neighbors, family).... Even a terrible salesman can sell to friends/family. They get the sale, you wash out of the industry and they still collect a revenue stream off the policies you sold.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda what I figured
Old 06-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Huge turnover with AFLAC. Lots of people thinking they can sell to everyone after selling to family and friends.Then the well runs dry.
ed
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Yup
I get those all the time, I don't even bother.

I feel for you, I also feel there is a problem being experienced and older.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

My buddy took a position with Aflac - they set the newbies up for failure by letting them sell the impossible products like supplemental insurances.

Best of luck in your search, but I'd approach with caution....
Old 06-20-2013, 06:57 AM
tgi
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck!! If you're over the age of 30 it's going to be tough sledding. Nobody wants to hire older people for any substantial amount of $$$.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:00 AM
tgi
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more thing, posting your resume IMO is asking for trouble is this day & age. The horror stories from people having identity theft to address stalking, to being subjected to massive data mining operations.

Best of luck, it's a jungle out there.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work in IT and was job search a little over a year ago and got a few calls from some Insurance Companies as well. They left me a breif message that gave me the impression they were looking to fill an IT possition. So I called back only to find out it was for a sales position..... I was pissed off, and I let the a-hole on the other end know it......... Good Luck with your search, been there done that....
Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tgi
One more thing, posting your resume IMO is asking for trouble is this day & age. The horror stories from people having identity theft to address stalking, to being subjected to massive data mining operations.

Best of luck, it's a jungle out there.
problem a lot of companies dont do anything but online recruiting. the government, major corporations etc. Go in and ask if they are hiring and theyll tell you to apply online. Getting a job is tough today, without doing it online good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.