Notices

Slips in Muskegon????

Old 07-28-2002, 11:00 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slips in Muskegon????

Anyone have phone #s for Marinas in Muskegon???I'm wanting to reserve a slip for the 2nd&3rd.Planning on coming up late Fri. Then play on the lake Sat morning,then drive the truck down to Grand Haven for the festival Sat afternoon.Also any good launch site info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
Old 07-28-2002, 10:00 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

If it were me, I'd be staying at Great Lakes Marina. Good slips, a ramp right next door, Crazyhorse keeps his boat there, as does Fred, and usually Jafo. I'm thinking I might stay there that weekend too. Unfortuanately, I don't have their number, but they are listed with Information. 231-555-1212 would be the number you need to call to get it.

Redstripe, gofastboater, or Crazyhorse would probably have the number handy though.
Old 07-28-2002, 10:04 PM
gofastboater

Steve, the # to Great Lakes Marina is (231)759-8230

I would call as soon as possible. Their transiant slips usually fill up quick! I would also try the Muskegon City Marina Hartshorn Marina....they have to keep 20% of their slips open for transiant boaters...their tx#is (231)724-6785.

Hope this helps out....

GFB

(Jim)

Old 07-29-2002, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

What about that marina with the floating docks----MUCH BETTER! It's the marina with the resturaunt right right at the docks and the new condos that has about 8-10 floors. That's the marina that Fred usually stays in---I can't remember the name. I tell you, nothing beats a floating dock. My .02
Old 07-29-2002, 07:32 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fred stays at GreatLakes.....Harbor Town is nice....and Terrace point is the one with the new High rise looking building its way on the south east end of the lake. Good luck!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

Kaama that marina you mentioned is Terrace Point,....my marina of choice however is Great Lakes....they also have floating docks....more resturants(within walking distance), fuel, ships store, service and parts.... great people and my daughters know every guy in the place!!!.....as friends that is.........Fred
Old 07-29-2002, 01:07 PM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Thanks for the info. guys.....Wife just called me,to let me know that she was able to reserve a slip at Great Lakes.....But she forgot to find out if there's a launch ramp at the marina....anyone happen to know?????will be splashing a 36 outlaw....
Thanks
Steve
Old 07-29-2002, 01:12 PM
Just Say N2O

Immediately next to the marina is a state launch. You shouldn't have any problems.

Old 07-29-2002, 02:17 PM
Registered

Put your paper work on your dash when you use the ramp, its called Grand Trunk ramp, anyway you don't have to pay to use the ramp that way, the ramp will work fine for you, I launch my 40' there every weekend, I'll be there Sat 8/3 and staying for a week, see you there, Ill be on dock E...Fred
Old 07-29-2002, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Is this weekend the BIG weekend at Coast Guard Fest in Grand Haven?------You know, PACKED with boats and boat traffic and where many of the boaters raft off out in the middle of the river? If it is, I just hope my hog is ready!

Quick Reply: Slips in Muskegon????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.