Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP >

Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP

Notices

Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP

Old 07-31-2002, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GRH,
NO rain at all! Except it ALWAYS rains at Sacandaga!

Advantage_Rob,
Thanks! I gues I now have DRY SUMPED CLE's! Anyhow, we should be back in business Sunday afternoon.

Shane
Old 07-31-2002, 10:30 AM
Registered

The CLE's are what I have, and the outboard place here didn't know much about performance outboards, just fishing boats... First they got me the stock carrier, then when that didn't work they got me the carrier for the bigger shart and that didn't work either, then I measured, called merc, and finally after 2 weeks of dealing with a marina, shipping the wrong **** back and forth, I got the right one, I was just trying to make sure you avoid all of this trouble I went thru, and good luck with it.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:05 AM
Registered

Hey Rob,

Thanks again! I actually am great friends with and used to work for (in high school and college) a Merc Hi-Perf dealer so I get the stuff at cost. That helps alot! Anyhow, glad to hear all worked out well for you. The only concerns I have are these:
1. Are any internal components damaged
2. Are the threads holding the retainer in damaged

If all is okay I should be in business. If you need part numbers I have them. That should make ordering easier for you.

Shane
Old 07-31-2002, 11:07 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Doesn't sound like HOT BOAT was involved at all. Maybe this is the beginning of the SHANE CURSE!!!!!!

Or maybe this is normal for performance boating.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Ron P,

What seems to be the problem is this. All Hot Boat has to do is get in your boat, and it is destined for troubles! Last summer, he got in C_Spray's Bat Boat and it got a big chip in it(beautiful paint work) and a week later smoked a motor. He was driving Tantrum and he smoked a motor shortly thereafter, took him for a ride and I break a bearing carrier!This is just the short list too!

Just kidding Paul. Actually, I have a nick name for him since these troubles began a year and a half ago. I call him Murph, as in Murphy's Law!

I hope he knows I am just kidding with all of this. Hot Boat is a GREAT FRIEND and a teriffic guy. I truly enjoy his company, being working on my stuff or his, boating, snowmobiling, having dinner with the wives, whatever. We both just enjoy kidding one another.

Ron, you are right, this is just Hi-Perf boating. But isn't always easier to blame someone else?
Old 07-31-2002, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

That's just not right Shane You're gonna give the poor guy a complex! With all these boat problems, I figured It's time to sell the boat, put in a pool for the wife and son and buy me a Harley! Just kidding I could never see myself without a boat. What would we spend our money on?
Old 07-31-2002, 11:40 AM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Shane ...... No comment

I am on the hunt for a witch doctor for a spiritual clensing
Old 07-31-2002, 11:50 AM
Registered

Hot Boat,

You have some SERIOUS problems you need to work out with yourself!
Old 07-31-2002, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

OK Seth!!!!

Now I'm afraid to have you in my boat. Is this bad luck thing contagious?
Old 07-31-2002, 01:50 PM
Registered

Who's Seth?What PLANET do you come from anyway?

Quick Reply: Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.