Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP >

Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP

Notices

Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP

Old 07-30-2002, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP

Yup, I have once again been the victim of the Hot Boat CURSE! Saturday, feeling sorry for my good buddy HotBoat, I decided to put in the Skater to get him on the water. I felt bad for all the trouble he has been having, so I thought I would treat him to some fun on the water. Well, today, before sanding and painting my gearcases I had to change the oil because the port gearcase was dripping from the vent hole, a sign of water in the drive. I change the oil no problem. Move to the starboard motor, pull the drain plug and teh vent plug and guess what? NO OIL COMES OUT! Holy CHIT WTF?! So I think maybe the drain plug by the prop shaft backed out and the drive emptied itself. Turns out...I BROKE THE BEARING CARRIER! I hope no internal damage was done and that i can get one for not too much money! Hot Boat PLEASE stay AWAY!
Old 07-30-2002, 09:29 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn there are definatly some curses going on this year!!!! May want to reconsider that Bat Boat rental
Old 07-30-2002, 09:38 PM
Uncle Toys

Hotboat needs a dead chicken, some garlic, and a witchdoctor

Old 07-30-2002, 09:46 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Sounds like dinner to me!
Old 07-31-2002, 06:49 AM
Registered

ttt
Old 07-31-2002, 07:43 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The boat looked good on the water saturday hope you didn't do any damage by running a true "dry Sump" unit.

Last edited by IRONMAN; 07-31-2002 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:11 AM
Registered

Chris,

Where were you that you saw me? You should have flagged me down, I would have liked to meet you. When we gonna hook up?

Shane
Old 07-31-2002, 08:38 AM
Registered

Paul
I aint superstiticous but you were driving my boat just before my failure. Well tell you what, we'll staple a chicken to the cabin door and you can drive all you want. Lets break this curse.
Oh yah, this is of coarse after my motor is completely rebuilt
Call me at the office Ill tell you what my plan is.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:46 AM
GRH

SHANE - That sucks .... but was it raining?

Old 07-31-2002, 09:45 AM
Registered

Hey Shane, sorry to hear about the dry lower, I replaced one on my 2.4 bridgeport a few years ago, and went thru hell trying to get the correct one. Finally on the 3rd attempt I had the right one. I would suggest getting all the diameters of propshaft, bearing id & od ect. They go in and out really easy, pull a tab back, and unscrew it, but you need the proper merc tool to install and remove it. It's only a 15 minute job if all goes well, and I think I paid $100-150 for the part with a new bearing in it and seal.

After all the digging I did to get the right one for mine, I found out I have aftermarket lowers, and they are alot beefier than the stock units with bigger bearings, and shafts.

I just had the port lower off last night to check the water pump, It wasn't pissing at all, so no boating, turns out there was a small seaweed plug in the holes under the water pump. Both holes clogged on that lower, and it was seaweed pieces, no larger than a 1/4" diamater by 1/4 inch long... Damn low water pickup's!!! A real pain in the ass to drop and re-install too, but at least the pumps were fine.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 07-31-2002 at 09:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.