Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ford PSD Updates (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29910-ford-psd-updates.html)

Audiofn 07-31-2002 09:47 AM

Audacity: I am getting a new TC because the ones that Ford sells SUCK. Plain and simple they make tons of noise and when they break they take out the whole tranny with them. The ones I have looked at have life time warrantees. Yes I know that only is for the TC HOWEVER it makes me feel good to know that they believe enough in thier TC to give that warrantee. Ford Chevy and Dodge should be assamed with themselves for building and designing such CRAP for transmisions. They have spent so much time making all this HP with the engines and they have totally forgotten about the rest of the drive train. It is a damn shame I should be so concerned about my transmision with this truck. There is not excuse for it and Ford should be ashamed with themselves.

Jon

audacity 07-31-2002 10:06 AM

man...dono what to tell ya...a TC is not a TC if it's locked...as it should be when towing...r u saying the friction material sucks?? or are u blowing blades?? the reactor go'n...agian, not in use when locked...we do break-aways on locked converters that far exceed the engines. i only follow a few rules...i never let the trans down shift on it's own under wot or while towing. i never go past 70% throttle unlocked...and i'm at WOT MOST of the time when locked towing...it now has 98k of a lot of towing....back and forth all of the country towing big boats....

Audiofn 07-31-2002 10:11 AM

TO be honest I am not sure were they go away. From what I have gathered from reading as much as I can over the last few days is that one of the bigest problems is that they things are just to thin and they swell when you get on the throttle. Yes they may be ok for what the engines put out, however the modified ones take over 1500hp and Pound feet of torque!!!! They are not much more then stock as far as money is concerned. Also they do not sound like there are marbles rolling around inside the damn things.

I am still definatly learing about these trucks and I do baby my transmision especially when towing. However if it was properly designed I would be able to mash the throttle every time I get on it :D:D

Jon

Audiofn 07-31-2002 10:12 AM

Oh ya and one more thing. I will be changing to a MUCH larger trans cooler as soon as I get the new tranny. The one that is in there is a total joke.

Jon

Clackster 07-31-2002 10:18 AM

PRO-LOC by Sun Coast Converters 800-868-0053 www.suncoastconverters.com
Comes with shift improver package,top shelf piece!

Wally 07-31-2002 10:22 AM

Jon, just be thankfull all this didnt happen down in LOTO when you guys went down there to pick up the cig!!! You would probably still be down there now!!!

Audiofn 07-31-2002 10:27 AM

Yup those are the ones. I noticed that they still have the 24 month warrantee on the web site however word on the street is that they now are lifetime :D:D

Jon

Audiofn 07-31-2002 10:28 AM

Wally you aint kidding!!!! However I am thinking that the dealers down that way could probably have done a better job then these A-holes.

Jon